Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Her Vampire Husband
by Michele Hauf

Audiobook runtime: 11hrs 30min
narrated by Montana Chase


An arranged marriage between a werewolf and a vampire.

There will be blood.

She may resist his bite, but she can't resist his charms...

Werewolf princess Blu Masterson won't allow her seductive vampire husband to consummate their marriage with his bite, marking her forever. Alone in a secluded estate with her sworn enemy, Blu curses the marriage arranged to bring their rival nations together, especially since Creed Saint-Pierre calls out to her most feral desires.

When Blu uncovers her pack's secret plot to destroy the vampire nation—and Creed—she is forced to confront her growing feelings for her sexy undead husband. Will she choose the only life she's ever known or accept his vampire bite?
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
  • Minimal color palatte bringing attention to the blood red without actual blood images
  • Typographical hierarchy showcases my least favorite trend, author name larger than title

PARANORMALITY
  • Werewolves
  • Vampires
  • Witches

SEXUALITY
  • M/F
  • Rape, suggested

REVIEW
  • Green hair? Sweet! (Mine's golden blond and pink right now)

  • Back tat designed by her lover? Wicked! (I designed MY lover's)

  • Serious May/December romance
    "'Her youth will serve you well,' Alexandre said on a sly whisper. 'The younger ones are the most open to trying new things.'"

  • Some tough issues to deal with in this story.

  • I was especially disturbed by the treatment of Blu in the werewolf pack.

  • Blu comes off as the spoiled princess and I almost couldn't take it until her breakdown in the car re-peaked my interest.

  • Underlying themes of racism & slavery (reparations)

  • The fight to maintain HEA was a nice extension to the classic story line.

  • This read hit me as middle of the road. Good listening for me while I am outside gardening.

  • Not sure if I will be picking up the previous story in the series, Vampire's Tango. *Note, I did pick up Vampire's Tango and the review will be posted Thursday.

This title is #3 in Ms. Hauf's Wicked Games Series.

Reading Order:
1 - The Highwayman (Reviewed Here)
2 - Moon Kissed
2.1 - After the Kiss
2.2 - The Vampire's Tango (Reviewed Here)
3 - Her Vampire Husband (Reviewed Here X)

Listen to a sample -->

Read chapter one HERE.

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (at the top of this post)

Sweet daydreams...


Comment link is at the top of the post.

1 comments:

Honest review hon! Great job!
I think I have this one... eeekkk on the mountain of TBR... or dreed... eeekkk..
Hope all is well!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica