Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Over the top romance creates real life humor.

Ripping The Bodice

by Inara Lavey

156 Page Ebook

Got sex and romance on the brain? So does Cassandra Devon.

She also has hard-boiled private eyes, dashing pirates, jet-setting super spies and other sexy rogues entertaining her in her surprisingly explicit subconscious.

All these erotic daydreams make it hard to stay focused on Cassandra's current dilemma: namely, rebuffing the advances of Connor, a wild Irish rascal who wants to play the starring role in her fantasies.

Cassandra is only interested in getting together with Raphael, the tall, dark and handsome man of her dreams.

May the best romance hero win!
My review guidelines can be found HERE.


COVER ART

• Sexy Librarian style.
• I'm not so turned on by tighty whities.
• Good representation of the main story theme.


NORMALITY

• Vacation
• Romance Author


SEXUALITY

• M/F
• Anger morphs into passion
• Seaweed foreplay
• Imaginary bodice ripping


REVIEW

• Cassandra's indulgences in chocolate and books sound like living the high life to me. Add in two handsome men battling for her attention and a lovely shopping spree while on vacation, and life is blissful. At least it should be, she figures it out eventually.

• It takes a little bit to get past the confusion of Cassandra's forays into romantic daydreams.

• Cassandra has spunk! I grew up tussling with my siblings and really enjoyed her mischievous temper with Connor.

• And Connor's sense of humor is wicked. Even when he sends her into a rage he's still laughing AT her. He's a fictional character I would love to meet in person.

• Connor's accent is endearing and I enjoyed the way Ms. Lavey integrated it into the dialouge, bringing it to the reader's attention without being obnoxious.
I tried not be charmed by the way he said 't'ink' instead of 'think'. Stupid sexy Irish accent. pg 52

• Outrageous romantic fantasies with purple prose abounding makes this read something to put a smirk on your face even as your cheeks burn.


PERSONAL LURES

• Romance Lover
• Chocolate!
• Men fighting over a woman


FAVORITE SCENE QUOTE
Two woman fighting over one man.
Something about Trish brought out my inner bitch. Maybe because she was such an outer bitch. pg. 43

Read a Tuesday Teaser with Cary Grant.

Read an over the top excerpt of outrageous romantic flights of fancy in an office worker's dreams.

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link!

4 comments:

*waves* Hi Sweet! Um... Seaweed foreplay? This is new to me. lol.

Hope you have a great day my dear. =)

Seaweed foreplay

Brownie points to the author for something new. :-) Sounds kind of fun. I have to confess that I couldn't help grinning (totally inapprpriate) as they were interviewing people in New Zealand (totally devastating) and the way he said September, Septimbah, was just so freaking adorable. I felt bad because of the serious story, but it was so cute.

Hey, at least those tighty whities look like they're boxer briefs...

LOL! Seaweed foreplay... Okay, I'm the author and this made me snort... I never thought of it that way.

Thanks for the review - this was a lovely surprise and a fun write-up!

Inara/Dana

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica