My review guidelines can be found HERE.
Ripping The Bodiceby Inara Lavey
156 Page Ebook
Got sex and romance on the brain? So does Cassandra Devon.
She also has hard-boiled private eyes, dashing pirates, jet-setting super spies and other sexy rogues entertaining her in her surprisingly explicit subconscious.
All these erotic daydreams make it hard to stay focused on Cassandra's current dilemma: namely, rebuffing the advances of Connor, a wild Irish rascal who wants to play the starring role in her fantasies.
Cassandra is only interested in getting together with Raphael, the tall, dark and handsome man of her dreams.
May the best romance hero win!
• Sexy Librarian style.
• I'm not so turned on by tighty whities.
• Good representation of the main story theme.
• Romance Author
• Anger morphs into passion
• Seaweed foreplay
• Imaginary bodice ripping
• Cassandra's indulgences in chocolate and books sound like living the high life to me. Add in two handsome men battling for her attention and a lovely shopping spree while on vacation, and life is blissful. At least it should be, she figures it out eventually.
• It takes a little bit to get past the confusion of Cassandra's forays into romantic daydreams.
• Cassandra has spunk! I grew up tussling with my siblings and really enjoyed her mischievous temper with Connor.
• And Connor's sense of humor is wicked. Even when he sends her into a rage he's still laughing AT her. He's a fictional character I would love to meet in person.
• Connor's accent is endearing and I enjoyed the way Ms. Lavey integrated it into the dialouge, bringing it to the reader's attention without being obnoxious.
I tried not be charmed by the way he said 't'ink' instead of 'think'. Stupid sexy Irish accent. pg 52
• Outrageous romantic fantasies with purple prose abounding makes this read something to put a smirk on your face even as your cheeks burn.
• Romance Lover
• Men fighting over a woman
FAVORITE SCENE QUOTE
Two woman fighting over one man.
Something about Trish brought out my inner bitch. Maybe because she was such an outer bitch. pg. 43
Read a Tuesday Teaser with Cary Grant.
Read an over the top excerpt of outrageous romantic flights of fancy in an office worker's dreams.
Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link!