Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Multiple betrayals of unknowing victims.

Double Cross

by Carolyn Crane

326 Page Mass Market Paperback, 2010

Disillusionist Trilogy Book 2
Some secrets come back to haunt.
Others come back to kill.

Serial killers with unheard-of skills are terrorizing the most powerful beings in Midcity. As the body count grows, Justine faces a crisis of conscience…and an impossible choice between two flawed but brilliant men—one on a journey of redemption, the other descending into a pit of moral depravity.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.


COVER ART
by Gene Mollica
Same artist and style as the first book in the trilogy.
I enjoy this style but once again missed the knife in the story.


PARANORMALITY
• Highcaps - Mutated mental abilities (See Tuesday Teaser Excerpt)
• Disillusionists - Extreme personalities
• Sleepwalkers


SEXUALITY
• M/F
• Misery loves company


REVIEW
Wow - The title says it all. I am so glad I know this is a trilogy because the story just plain CAN'T end like that! I was pretty sure Ms. Crane was going to silently torture me and Packard until the release of the last book, but the last scene gave me hope that she still has some kindness in her heart. *wink*

Love the use of a simple juvenile clue as a turning point, and am I sensing a deep personal dislike of script typography? As a graphic designer I can relate but not condone the deep emotional response.


PERSONAL LURES
Read the first book, Mind Games, and I am a sucker for series. The world has already been built in my head, might as well explore it further.


WANT MORE?

Read an excerpt from chapter one

I've also reviewed Mind Games!


4 comments:

And hey, only what, 7 months until the third book comes out?

It will fly by!

:) Oh so glad you loved it! It really is a trilogy that should get more attention than it did. Wonderful, in my book. :)

Did you find the trading cards on Carolyns site? Oh, you have to get them. lol.

OMG - They are hilarious! HA!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica