Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Mood Music — Sixx:AM LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.





Night is Darkest
by Jayne Rylon

Some secrets refuse to stay hidden.

Lacey Daughtry’s perfect weekend is interrupted by tragic news of her brother’s murder in the line of duty. Plagued by a rash of mysterious phone calls, she turns to her brother’s best friends and fellow officers for protection…and comfort.

Spending time in close contact with Mason and Tyler, the two men she’s dreamed of since her first girlhood crush, seems like the answer to a prayer. Especially when they begin to explore the desire she’s harbored for so long.

But the partners are holding out on Lacey. Determined to suppress the most extreme facets of their lust, they agree to settle for sharing the woman they crave while concealing their desire for each other. Until Lacey cracks their resolve, unleashing a torrent of emotions that threatens to distract them when they can least afford it.

Their blossoming relationship is complicated by secrets. And the only way to evade the killer threatening their lives is to bare their souls in the darkest hours of the night. Or everything will come crashing down, just before the dawn.

Warning: After reading this book you’ll never look at a pair of hot cops, a cemetery or a can of Spaghetti-O’s the same way again.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
by Natalie Winters
  • Nice use of color but still creating a dark effect
  • Not too fond of the headless models
  • Talented use of scale to showcase three characters

SEXUALITY
  • Erotica
  • M/M - Angry BJ
  • M/F - spaghetti-Os
  • M/M/F - VDP
  • BDSM - Super hot initiation scene

REVIEW
  • Cops, Murder, Abuse, Mystery

  • A bittersweet love story with a sick twist.

  • An emotional roller coaster complete with the loss of your stomach and the elation of flying

  • The dynamic between the triad is wonderful to watch develop

  • Tyler's hints about Mason's dominance were so perfect, helped get into a dom's head

  • Mason caves in amazingly quickly to admitting to his love for BOTH lovers... but I think that is because I was holding my breath the whole time he was trying to deny them!

I picked up this book after reading an excerpt at The Blackraven's Erotic Cafe!

This book was spotlighted on my Tuesday Teaser HERE.

Read an excerpt HERE

Sweet daydreams...

2 comments:

Okay.. An angry BJ.
I like your review of this one. Although I do not think this one is for me... "An emotional roller coaster complete with the loss of your stomach"... hummm...

Heheh, I won this book at one of Black Raven's Erotic Cafe's contests :) But, silly me, I haven't read it yet! Now I want to though. Thanks for your thoughts on it :D

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica