Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!
• Grab your current read & open to a random page
• Share two “teaser” sentences sans spoilers
• Note the title & author


MY TEASE

"Tyler sank onto the cushion beside her, gripping her hand tight enough to fuse her fingers together but she couldn't feel anything beyond the numb shock coating her gut.

Her unfocused gaze latched onto the maroon crust of congealed blood beneath his trimmed fingernails...

The sinister smudges were the only part of her brother that would make it home tonight."

~ page 4, Night is Darkest by Jayne Rylon



It sounds like a spoiler, but at page 4 it is simply setting the stage.
Are you feeling teased?
Comment at the top of the post.

11 comments:

Why, yes, I do feel teased! Sounds very interesting!

Congealed blood? ewww!

http://archthinking.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesday-22.html

Fantastic teaser - and only on page 4! Sounds like a great read.

Here’s mine:
http://tweezlereads.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesday.html

Wonderful teaser as always. I am reading Iron King so I just had to use it for my teaser. Don't forget to enter my contest: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/

sounds sinister...and only page 4....wow
CMashLovesToRead

Great tease - I'm going to have to read this one :o)

WOW! Is the blood under her nails her brothers? That is all that will make it home of him? What the heck happened? Wow! Caught my attention. Maybe I'm not reading it right. This is a great teaser!

I did the Where are you? Meme this week if you would like to stop by...
http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

It gets happier (and hotter), I promise! :) I hope you enjoy the book!

Jayne! Thanks for stopping by!! I'm about half way through now... and throughly enjoying myself. :)

So glad to hear that! Would love to hear how you like it when you finish. Thanks for the feature :)

PS... meant to say the site is beautiful!!!!! Will definitely be back to check out more.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica