Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Welcome to Saturday Serials

From the top: Part I & Part II

Today we continue with Part III of "My Pet, Murderer"

Based on the comments during the Thrilling & Threatening Contest Bar on June 24th.
I've done the polishing, but my followers helped create the story. Thanks guys!




Sweet grabbed Cecile's shoulder to steady her and glanced inside the bar Her eyes honed in on Murderer.

"What the?! Murderer, I told you to watch the bar for me NOT scare away all my patrons."

Moving around the frozen Cecile, Sweet walked up to Murderer and smacked him on the back of the head.

"Close your shirt! Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD."

Rubbing the back of his head with one hand, he re-buttoned his shirt and looked around the room at the trio of wide eyed patrons then back to the smoldering Sweet.

"What? They're ALIVE aren't they?"

One bushy eyebrow rose to clash with a mess of brown hair flopped forward into his eyes, evidence of Sweet's former head smack.

With a shake of her own head, Sweet chastised him further.

"Good thing I came back into town early. At just what point would you have gotten bored with simply terrorizing the guests and started physical assaults?"

She knows about his pheromone addition, but usually doesn't care. Could she possibly be protecting her bar patrons?

Walking up to him, she poked a long purple finger nail into his chest. With her black leather boots on, she was actually almost eye level with him. And those eyes are positively sparkling with fury.

"I expected better of you. What happened to your control?" she demands in a low tone.

Mimicking her stance, he placed a blunt fingertip tight against her heart. "I was exercising control, Miss Sweet." With a heavy mocking emphasis on Miss.

Come back next Saturday, the 2nd for Part IV...

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Ohhhh. Toe to toe. Can't wait for the next installment.

You tell him, Sweet!!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica