Halfway to the Grave
A Night Huntress Novel
by Jeaniene Frost
My review guidelines can be found HERE.
Flirting With The Grave…
Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father – the one responsible for ruining her mother’s life. Then she’s captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unlikely partnership.
In exchange for help finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She’s amazed she doesn’t end up as his dinner – are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn’t have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side … and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.
- Beautiful Illustration
- Effective typographical hierarchy
- Half Breeds
- Rape, suggested
- Best narration I have ever heard!
- Heavy breathing in the sex scenes
- Emotion in the tone
- Unfortunately, this is the only one of the Night Huntress books currently released on audio!
- Starting out with a bang, the remorse-less killing grabbed me by the neck
- Nice variety of paranormal and supernatural creatures with actual personalities
- The backstory is typical and has me wondering about the validity of that initial rape
- Intertwining plots lines cause various parts of Cat & Bones' lives to part and cross until they can't deny each other any more
- The self discovery is not too painful to read but exciting to observe
- I can see now what all the hype is about. My emotional attachment to the characters borders on schizophrenic
- Cliffhanger ending that I totally agree with and a beautiful set up for the rest of the series
Read the first fifth of the book HERE.
Listen to a sample HERE.
Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (at the top of this post)