Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)





The Killing Dance
An Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Novel
by Laurell K. Hamilton

"The first hit man came after me at home, which should be against the rules. Then there was a second, and a third. Eventually, I found out that the word on the street was that Anita Blake, preternatural expert and vampire killer extraordinaire, was worth half a million dollars. Dead, not alive.

So what's a girl to do but turn to the men in her life for help? Which in my case, means an alpha werewolf and a master vampire. With professional killers on your trail, it's not a bad idea to have as much protection as possible, human or otherwise.

But I'm beginning to wonder if two monsters are better than one..."
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
  • Nude body good insinuation to sexual activity
  • Shadows suggest sinister activities, maybe
  • Monotone color pallet in keeping with previous covers in the series, consistency is GOOD
  • Title and Author fight for dominance

PARANORMALITY
  • Vampires
  • Weres
  • Necromancer
  • Animator

SEXUALITY
  • M/F

REVIEW
  • The Killing Dance, it's what the werewolves call sex & battles of succession.

  • Richard and Jean-Claude continue to battle for Anita's heart. Richard seems to be gaining the upper hand until Anita discovers she was never really giving Jean-Claude a fair chance.

  • Say "Hi" to Damian, a century old green eyed, flame haired vampire. He becomes more and more important through out the series.

  • Anita's powers are shifting. "I feel her in my head like another vampire. I couldn't feel her in my head before... Her power flares when she feels threatened."

  • Anita finally has sex. If I tell you any more I will have to kill you.

  • Anita finally gets Richard to bend, and then he breaks.

  • Jean-Claude finally gets Anita to bend, but break... we know better than that.

  • The LAST chapter really pisses me off. Barely 2 pages long, it reads like the synopsis of the next 100 pages. WTF.

This book was spotlighted on my Tuesday Teaser Here & Here.

Read the first two chapters HERE.

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (at the top of this post)

Sweet nightmares...

3 comments:

I really need to get back into this series. Nice review!

I'm really enjoying these reviews.

I have not picked up this series... not sure I want to with that many numbers in there... sounds like a great series... if only I would have started with number one.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica