Succubus on Top
A Georgina Kincaid Novel
by Richelle Mead
Georgina Kincaid's job sucks. Literally.My review guidelines can be found HERE.
Love hurts, and no one knows it better than Georgina Kincaid. If she so much as kisses her new boyfriend, she’ll drain his life force. Georgina is a succubus—a demon who draws her power from other men’s pleasure. Admittedly, the shapeshifting and immortality perks are terrific, and yes, Georgina did choose to join the ranks of hell centuries ago. But it seems completely unfair that a she-demon whose purpose is seduction can’t get hot and heavy with the one mortal who knows and accepts her for who she is.
It’s not just her personal life that’s in chaos. Doug, Georgina’s co-worker at a local bookstore, has been exhibiting bizarre behavior, and Georgina suspects that something far more demonic than double espressos is at work. She could use help finding out, but Bastien, an irresistibly charming incubus and her best immortal friend, is preoccupied in the suburbs with corrupting an ultra-conservative talk radio star—and giving Georgina some highly distracting come-hither vibes. Georgina is going to have to work solo on this one—and fast because soon, Doug’s life won’t be the only one on the line…
- Date Rape
- Sucked right in from Succubus Blues.
- A focus on the meat of relationships, not the sex. Sex is there; but so is honesty, trust & heartbreak.
- Georgina is back to her esteemed professional succubus ways, her prowess exploited by those around her.
- Old friend Bast shows up in town and through a combination of lust and friendship, screws Georgina over royally.
- Strange goings ons with her mortal friends entice her to investigate much larger affairs.
- Once again she is reminded that she is NOT the biggest fish in the pond, and yet manages to come out intact.
- Seth is an understated hero. He appears to be a door mat, but simply picks his battles. His capacity for love and understanding surpasses everything expected. His quiet thoughtfulness keeps you on edge, always wondering what is going on in his head.
- The final scene blew my mind - perfect.
This was an audiobook.
Read an excerpt HERE.
Georgina Kincaid reading order
Succubus #6 (untitled and unknown release date)
Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (at the top of this post)