Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

A weekly meme hosted by Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56. * Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
* Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

I know, I know it is Saturday but Swine Flu has hit our home and I am using up all my alloted energy for today just to reach out to you ;) Anthologies are just the right size for me when I am sick, short and sweet and not too many complicated plot shifts to follow. DMy Lady Below Stairs by Emily Bryan in the A Christmas Ball Anthology released this October - pg 56

"It doesn't appear mortal."

I know the teaser doesn't tell much but, I really enjoyed this short story. I started out my romance reading career firmly planted in historicals but lately have been entrenched in paranormals. This historical reminded me of the charm surrounding the maid and her groom. Here's the cover blurb for a little more background.

Nobody misses Lord Lady Hartwell's Christmas Ball, ...but they all go for different reasons. When Lady Sybil runs off with an Italian portrait painter, her bastard half-sister Jane Tate goes in her place. Lord Eddleton plans on proposing to "Sybil" under the mistletoe. Lady Darvish is on the hunt for her fifth husband. And Ian Michael MacGregor is determined to show Jane that love doesn't have to pretend.

Comment on this post HERE or click the link at the top of the page.

1 comments:

I like how it doesn't APPEAR mortal. What does it appear to be?

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica