A weekly meme hosted by Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56. * Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
* Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
I discovered this author when she was just breaking in to the market in 1994. I was a young adult at that time and had to wait with baited breath for each consecutive book to be released. I have read this book (and series) over and over again, to the point where the spine is threatening to release the yellowed pages. A classic for me, if not for anyone else. Enjoy.
OMG, I just realized that I left my book at home! What am I going to read at lunch? Good thing I have a drawer of back up books in my desk. Here is an excerpt from Maggie Furey's first book in the Artifacts of Power Series: Aurian - pg 56
And despite the objections of Meiriel and her mother, she had refused to be parted from it, reacting so violently to the very suggestion that they had relented and allowed her to keep it. Holding tightly to the sword, Aurian cried herself to sleep, as she had done every night since Forral had gone away.