Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

A weekly meme hosted by Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56. * Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
* Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


OMG, I just realized that I left my book at home! What am I going to read at lunch? Good thing I have a drawer of back up books in my desk. Here is an excerpt from Maggie Furey's first book in the Artifacts of Power Series: Aurian - pg 56

And despite the objections of Meiriel and her mother, she had refused to be parted from it, reacting so violently to the very suggestion that they had relented and allowed her to keep it. Holding tightly to the sword, Aurian cried herself to sleep, as she had done every night since Forral had gone away.


I discovered this author when she was just breaking in to the market in 1994. I was a young adult at that time and had to wait with baited breath for each consecutive book to be released. I have read this book (and series) over and over again, to the point where the spine is threatening to release the yellowed pages. A classic for me, if not for anyone else. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Awesome old-school SF cover!!

I participated:
http://sleeplessinneworleans2.blogspot.com/2009/08/friday-56.html

Wow, it must be really good!!!!

Mine's HERE

oh! I read this when I in those years between teen and "adult": from about high school throughn a couple years after. I remember absolutely loving this series!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica