Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Are they just comic books in disguise? The answer is purely personal. I never read comic books as a child. As an adult (and graphic artist) I am intrigued.


Now I hear whispers about graphic novels everywhere...

I recently picked up a GQ ( 'cause Robert Pattinson was looking hot on the cover) and found this GQ Article about graphic novels you should make a point to read!


I am going to jump into this new-to-me genre with a few select titles that have caught my attention: *Link heavy, have fun exploring!*



Dark-Hunter: This is done in manga style (read back to front, right to left) and is based on one of my favorite authors Sherrilyn Kenyon! *Click the pic to visit the Dark Hunter website.



Anita Blake Vampire Hunter: Marvel has picked up this series to convert to comic form from Laurell K. Hamilton. It appears that they are converting the book series into comic series BUT I got a little confused with the addition of First Death. It doesn't appear to be based on any of the books and is paired with a kind of handbook to the characters. *Click the pic to head over to Marvel comics.



Dusk: Check out the artist interview over at Literary Escapism. I know I am hooked and will enter the contest as well as add it to my TBR list. *Click the pic to buy this at Amazon.



Maus: This graphic novel addresses more serious issues, like Nazi occupation, with the use of cats and mice. *Click the pic to see the book description at Random House.


1 comments:

Thanks for mentioning my graphic novel and I hope you enjoy exploring the wonderful creative world of graphic novels. Mind you I'm biased because as a writer I've chosen to write comics over novels or other formats :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica