Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Dark Harvest

Vampire Psychologist #3

by Lynda Hilburn

Denver psychologist Kismet Knight counsels vampires. Her life changed forever when she discovered a dark preternatural underworld and became involved with gorgeous, eight-centuries-old Devereux, the powerful leader of a vampire coven.

Still adjusting to her new role as an expert on all things paranormal—as well as her unexpected notoriety and new clientele—she schedules what she believes is simply another radio interview. She couldn’t be more mistaken. Not only does the radio host behave very strangely, but an ominous, on-air call turns Kismet’s world upside-down—again.

Meanwhile, Luna, Devereux’s hostile, femme fatale personal assistant recognizes a perfect opportunity to throw a wrench into her boss’s blossoming relationship with the human psychologist and, to complicate matters further, Kismet’s old boyfriend, self-absorbed psychologist Tom Radcliffe, shows up with his own outlandish request.

REVIEW

• Obtuse heroine (not my favorite kind).

• Extension of first 2 books in series (which I DIDN'T read) & doesn't hold its own. I was lost at times.

• Smexy with a dash of crazy. Fun to read :)


7 comments:

I liked the first book in this series... in fact, its cover was the very first one that got me thinking about stock photo overuse. :)

I think I still might give this series a push up on my TBR list. Thanks for reminding me to do so!
Julianne

'whistles nonchalantly*

Hey, Miss Sweet! Where's the serial this week?

Hey honey! This is one of the first books that brought me into the reading world and the blogging world! She really is such a sweet woman!!! I loved the series. She is redoing them though. Something about she got back her rights to the books.

Whatever it is... I did love the series. =)
Hope you are doing great.... I got something in the mail the other day.... And I saw your video of the drink {{{{hugs}}}

Valance! You just gotta come over here and cause a ruckus, don't you? Well, I sure did need that kick in the... *wink*

Enjoyed your review today and it's fun that one of the things you comment on is an obtuse heroine. That's so neat and appropriate. I love it.
Mike
PS Stop over at my blog and say Hi, I'm having a giveaway for "Nightwoods" from the author of "Cold Mountain."
http://mikedraperinguilford.blogspot.com

Just being my customary good neighborly self, Miss Sweet, that's all.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica