Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Trey - Red Hot & Blue by Cat Johnson
• Steamy undercover short with a classic love triangle and almost insta-love.



Enemy Lover by Karin Harlow
• Paranormal patriotic special ops novel leading into a promising series. Hot sex, intelligent characters, and clashing politics with plenty of nasty repercussions to spicy up the plot.



The Master's Bed by Blythe Gifford
• Classic period romance with a young girl passing for a boy and illiciting sodomite feelings in her school master.



Brier's Bargin by Carol Lynne
• A first person m/m romantic narrative from a mentally handicapped protag has the potential for massive pitfalls. The language was a bit tedious but the message was good - Integrity and a big heart are not exclusive to a specific IQ range.



BAD Attitude by Sherrilyn Kenyon
• Is it possible I have outgrown this author? I initially was attracted to her Lords of Avalon series (which kinda stalled out) and then devoured her Dark-Hunter series. Then why does the interaction between the male and female protags feel so classic/predictable/unrealistic? It a fast fun read but not extremely stimulating.



Mind Games by Carolyn Crane
• One gray rainy Saturday I was sick with a cold and cuddled up on the couch all day to read this. The hypochondriac protagonist was a perfect complement to my illness and the twist and turns keep the snot from overtaking my brain.



Bent by Sean Michael
• Got sucked into this series in the middle. Now I'm at the beginning and seeing a classic skeleton to these stories... but I'm cool with it. The smexing is so hot and the depth of the characters can be surprising at times.



Dragonkin by Crymsyn Hart
• Classic fantasy wizards and dragons and princess fairytale that I had to stop reading because it was too predictable and not in depth enough to engage me fully.



Last Minion Standing by Eve Langlais
• Super hot unashamed smexing!



GPS by Leigh Ellwood
• Perfect length to read on my lunch break. A sweet birthday intervention!



Dark Angel by GA Hauser
• Super short, feels like a setup or skeleton to a much larger and more intense story.



Eternity by Christina J Loren
• Fast, hot, M/M/M menage with vampires too!



Double Cross by Carolyn Crane
• Twisted baby. With a minor cliffhanger ending 'cause it just CAN'T end like that!



The Assignment Evangeline Anderson
• Hot m/m undercover cop action, Gay For You theme that is very hard to put down between chapters.

5 comments:

Wow! You've done some major reading! Impressive!

Julia - I feel like I've been slacking! LOL

Hmm. Your comment re: the Kenyon sounds like the comment of someone who's slowly turning to m/m romance over m/f romance. :D

I just got Bent - I think it was a freebie at ARe? I can't remember but it's on my kindle waiting for me.

I love Carolyn Crane's books!

Enjoyed these quickie reviews!!

Chris - The Dark side does have lots of lovely cookies.

Mandi - Yupper - ARe freebie!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica