Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

These paranormal bad boys and girls like it hot & handcuffed!

Eternal Flame
by Cynthia Eden
323 Page, Trade Paperback

No one that deadly should look that good. Hybrid demon Zane Wynter specializes in tracking the most lethal criminals, whether human or Other. But Jana Carter is nothing like his previous targets. She’s an Ignitor, able to conjure and control fire. She’s also sexy beyond belief—and used to playing dirty…

Jana knows she’s being set up. She even knows who’s responsible: Project Perseus, a secretive group that plans to rid the world of paranormals by any means necessary. From Louisiana’s sultry swamps to its desolate cemeteries, Jana and Zane must race to destroy the mastermind behind Perseus before their world goes up in flames—and with it, a desire that burns too hot to resist…
My review guidelines can be found HERE.


COVER ART

• Makes me think YA - SO NOT!

• Not too overwhelming
• Like the small blurb in top left hand corner
• Tribal frame around title helps it stand out nicely
• Color choice is perfect since fire is a main theme


PARANORMALITY

• Demons
• Ignitors
• Shifters
• Witches


SEXUALITY

• M/F
• Hot and Wild
• Sweet and Hot
• Lots of cliche fire references


REVIEW

• Hit list, hit lists everywhere!

• Death to the freaks! Wait, we all are twisted in some way... Death to us all!

• Bring on the blackness. I wanna see that demon go crazy.

• It's not that easy to kill the bad guy. It's NEVER that easy to kill the bad guy.

• She embraces her inner evil, awesome character twist. I get sick of the goodie two shoes all the time.

• Can't wait for her to embrace HIS inner evil. Whoot! Hot times are a comin'!

• A few twist and turns in this flaming hot book. Every sex scene I kept waiting for them to actually go up in flames!


FAVORITE SCENE QUOTE
Includes a mild spoiler.
"I don't believe I much like Special Agent Thomas," Harold said, and Antonio glanced at him just in time to see the chief of police drop the glamour from his eyes.

Demon black eyes stared back at him. Antonio had always carried his suspicions about the chief, but...

"We're not all fucking monsters. The special agent and those dicks at the FBI with their extermination list—they need to realize that."

pg. 138

Read a sentence from page 56 in the midst of taking turns sharing secrets.

Read a hot excerpt with and angel in the fire HERE.



I received this SIGNED book during the Wicked Highlander Release Contest. Thanks again, Donna!


Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link!

6 comments:

Back when I read m/f, I do remember enjoying Cynthia Eden. :)

Sounds like a good one. I've never read that author but I do like a good firestarter and yeah, the goody-two-shoes are maybe one reason I hopped over to m/m. Nice to see the bad girl get a role.

Oh and a signed book is always a bonus.

This book sounds interesting. Isn't it part of a series? I think I've downloaded the second book as a free ebook from Kobo. But can these books be read as standalones, you reckon?

Love the quote! This looks very interesting!

@Jana - It's the third book in the Night Watch Series and I had no problem reading it as a stand alone (as I haven't ready any of the others.)

LOVE your reviews. They've got all the useful information, and are thorough. Looking forward to more!

Alisha
My Need to Read

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica