Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Hot and Sticky: Spicy m/m romance with a hint of taboo.

Hot and Sticky
by Keta Diablo

It’s been extremely difficult for Hugh Landon, an up-and-coming lawyer in Washington, D.C., to control his sexual fantasies about his paralegal, Milan Vassar.

When his career hangs in the balance over a missing file, Hugh must call Milan at the midnight hour and plead for assistance. Hugh’s determination not to mix business with pleasure disintegrates when Milan arrives at the office not only to help him, but to confess he’s held the same secret desires for his boss...
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
by Trace Edward Zaber
  • Simple and suggestive
  • Would have liked to see the serpent tattoo
  • Clear use of typography for title and author
  • Nice use of transparency for title bar

SEXUALITY
  • M/M
  • Violent rape, suggested

REVIEW
  • A contemporary 40 page short story.

  • Exotic descriptors used consistently for Milan, added a unique flavor.

  • A backstory of tension and secret lusts frame the first scene and it's explosive culmination.

  • Life goes on and the primary characters' struggle with their taboo actions... creating an interesting chain of events that go nowhere but hitch up the anticipation and possibility of danger.

  • Perfect pace to compliment the length, providing a nice taste of the character dynamic and smooth flow to the relationship development.

  • Spicy quick read, perfect to pass the time on the subway on your way to the club. Will certainly get your heart rate going!

I won this ebook at Rick R. Reed Reality during an author interview with Ms. Diablo. Thanks again!

This book was spotlighted on my Tuesday Teaser HERE.

Read a short excerpt of dirty thoughts at the bottom of the page HERE.

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (Usually at the top of the post.)

Sweet daymares...

8 comments:

Hmm. The 1.5 books I've read by this author haven't really worked for me...

Violent rape? Eeep. Not sure it's for me.

I definitely need something to read ebooks on.

The violent rape is not described, just suggested.

I read it but didn't really like it.

My battery is dying.. and no not that one.. I will be back my sweet!!!! Hugs to you honey!

Looks like a mixed bag on this book. Thanks for your comments!

Lucky you for winning this book! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica