Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Hush, Hush
by Becca Fitzpatrick


For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
  • Striking, I would buy this book just for the cover
  • The body positioning transmits pain and discomfort
  • Trauma is magnified by the red accents on the plucked feathers and broken wings
  • The typography nests well with the title and author and the font choice transmits a feeling of strangeness


PARANORMALITY
  • Fallen Angels
  • Arch Angels
  • Guardian Angels
  • Nephilim


SEXUALITY
  • M/F, YA light
  • Touching

REVIEW
  • Intense! This book sucked me in and I finished it in three days (it only took that long because I had to work inbetween pages)

  • Way too many parallels to Twilight. BUT I don't read that many YA novels, so it may be that they all take place in biology class with emo girls and creepy boys. (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

  • Confusion reigned supreme through out this story. Ms Fitzpatrick does a great job of putting you in Nora's shoes and transmitting her emotions.

  • A wild ride. The cliffhanger ending reminds me why I don't like to read YA. Don't click this link unless you want to read the very last page. I warned you.

  • Shortie rant/spoiler... The ARC I read ends with "'I got a new job.' Patch locked eyes with me, and I warmed in a lot of places ... 'In security,' he said." whereas the final published version continues on for a paragraph or so to soften the cliffhanger AND just toss in their first kiss together! <-- Not Cool.

  • I enjoyed this story, I'm passing it on to my friends, And I am looking forward to the release of Crescendo.

I won this book through the Packing Up the House Giveaway at Debbie's World of Books. Thanks again Debbie!

This book was spotlighted on my Tuesday Teaser HERE.

Read an excerpt HERE.

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (at the top of this post)

Sweet nightmares...


Comment link is at the top of the post.

2 comments:

Ive seen this book around and youre totally right Id buy this book simply for the cover!!! Cant wait to get my hands on this one! Thanks girl!

I have heard so many great things on this book. I am glad you enjoyed it. I have it on the list to get and read. :) Maybe I'll wait for Cresendo to be out though, then I wont have to wait with the cliffhanger ending. ;) Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica