My review guidelines can be found HERE.
Eternal Seductionby Jennifer Turner
215 Page PDF, Published 2008
A Darkness Within Novel After living on the streets of New York City for over a decade, Logan Ellis admits her perceptions might be a little skewed. But twisted or not, there’s a satisfying irony in watching a well dressed vampire stand in the middle of a ghetto alley, windblown trash scraping small circles near his feet. What she finds even more intriguing, is waiting for him to decide whether or not he’s going to kill her.
Kerestyan Nelek hasn’t quite made up his mind. As the Lord of New York, he can’t allow a homeless drug addict, whose memories are packed with knowledge of vampiric existence, to run free in his city. It’s not the first time he’s been in this situation with a human, it’s just the first time in thousands of years he’s come face to face with one who doesn’t seem to care. And that’s what makes the decision so damn difficult.
What horrors would you have to witness before you went numb? How many years would it take for you to feel that way? What would it take to make you care again?
Logan’s answers are simple: the worst humanity has to offer, almost thirty… and something she never expected.
photo by Anna Davidenko
• Striking photograph but limited suggestion of internal plot
• Uninvited orgasm
• Orgasm by bite
• Couldn't put it down, steady plot flow.
• Enjoyed the reversal of roles: jaded human and loving vampire
• A little bit jarring with the vampire mood swings, but they are acknowledged by the protagonist.
• Interesting mix of characters from dragons to giants, and with a variation of personalities too.
• Vampire siblings fight dirty!
• Starts out very dark with an edge of sarcastic humor that threads through the entire story. A very nice contrast to the depths of emotion being plundered.
“Well, if nothing else, at least the gaps between your ribs make for good handholds.” He turned and sauntered through a gate attached to a white picket fence. “Gives a whole new meaning to ‘ribbed for her pleasure’!” pg 93
• K's sentient wolf servant has me totally confused. I thought werewolves and vampires were enemies?
• Not your typical romance as the mushy stuff is very off limits in the detached Logan's mind.
• We get a Cliff Notes version of the history of creation according to vampires and that puts Drake in a very interesting place. I'm curious about him AND he shows up in the next book, Eternal Hearts.... which just happens to be on book blog tour with us today! Jump to the tour post here.
FAVORITE SCENE QUOTE
Logan the street waif has just run across a trio of fighting vampires.
The sound of clicking teeth pulled her attention back to the pissed off puppy and his question.
“Puppet? I’m not exactly sure what that means. I suppose the only frayed strings I dance on are God’s.”
Read a Tuesday Teaser - Xlarge
Read an excerpt from the streets, featuring a homeless addict and a horny grandma.