Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Physical trauma begets emotional trauma withing the confines of a pseudo-faithful marriage bed.

Broken

by Megan Hart

9 hours & 39 minutes Audiobook
Released May 2007


This month, my name is Mary.

My name is different every month — Brandy, Honey, Amy…sometimes Joe doesn’t even bother to ask — but he never fails to arouse me with his body, his mouth, his touch, no matter what I’m called or where he picks me up.
The sex is always amazing, always leaves me itching for more in those long weeks until I see him again.

My real name is Sadie, and once a month over lunch, Joe tells me about his latest conquest. But what Joe doesn’t know is that, in my mind, I’m the star of every X-Rated one-night stand he has revealed to me, or that I’m practically obsessed with our imaginary sex life.

I know it’s wrong. I know my husband wouldn’t understand. But I can’t stop.

Not yet.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.


COVER ART
• Ties in well with her other erotic novels
• Suggestive without being obscene
• Accurately anonymous models
• Clean & eye catching with the large cover image and simple bold type


NORMALITY
• Marriage


SEXUALITY
• M/F
• Emotional Affair
• Quadriplegic Sex


REVIEW

• It builds upon itself, like good foreplay or a horror movie.

• Joe's lovers evolve as his attitude shifts from playboy to something more.

• Repetition is a whisper of premonition in the ear. "We stay were were are because it is easier than changing." Joe about the women. Ell about being a daughter. Sadie about her life.

• Once I got over the idea of quadriplegic sex, I was fully expecting oral. Huh. Initially, it is presented as simple voyeuristic masturbation on command. Eventually the oral does come, for both.

• Ms. Hart weaves emotions so tight and intricate that you can't help but want to touch them, be a part of the story. And that is when she smacks you in the back of the head. I can't read these books back to back, they are too emotionally roiling. In a good way, but intense for me. I can see real people in her characters and usually end up seeing pieces of me as well.

• Cameos of characters from other books. Gavin and Ell from Dirty stood out to me.

• I loved the punk goth IT chick/lover the best. Perhaps because I resemble her or because as Joe's lovers progress, so does my emotional attachment to him and his well being.

• The descriptions of a woman's first time in a strip club invoked discomfort along with uncertain arousal to culminate in an intensity of passion almost animal in its purpose.

• The orator's accents for each of Joe's one night stands are very well done and do a good job of setting the internal stories apart.

• Once again, Ms. Hart breaks my heart with her promise of redemption so quickly taken away. The guilt eats at the black and white leaving a lace of gray in this real life romance.

• Happily ever after is left up in the air in a classic Ms. Hart ending.


PERSONAL LURES
• Favorite Author
• Rain-soaked passion
• Taboos


WANT MORE?

Read a Tuesday Teaser with out love.

Read an excerpt about a virgin.

I've also reviewed Switch & Naked & This Is What I Want!


1 comments:

O.K., I'll try to make it back here on Monday!

How are you sweetie? I haven't been blog hoping much of late been trying to finish me book.

Hugs
Hawk

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica