My review guidelines can be found HERE.
Zen and the Art of Vampiresby Katie MacAlister
352 Page Mass Market Paperback
Dark Ones Book 6: White picket fences can be dangerous to vampires. Sometimes a woman’s gotta choose…
Pia Thomason doesn’t have a typical life, but she wants one. The husband, the kids, the house in the suburbs… With her fortieth birthday looming, she decides to do something drastic, and takes off on a singles’ tour through romantic Europe.
But the few guys on the trip leave much to be desired—unlike the two men Pia sees in a small Icelandic town. Handsome, mysterious, and very dangerous… Just the sight of them puts her in a dither. When their paths cross again, Pia knows one thing for certain: Where vampires are concerned, love isn’t the only thing at stake.
• Sufficiently light and happy but I'm thinking there should have been some blood somewhere. There are multiple murders and evil plots after all!
• Don't remember her ever wearing the stone as an earring, it is mostly around her wrist.
• Oh, and that blurb–totally misleading.
• Bed hopping
• Penetration-free sex
• Tumbles in the hay
• Insidious hickeys
• A fun way to travel, though I'm not sure I would ever go on a singles tour!
• I was constantly guess, trying to figure out the mystery.
• Amazing how Pia takes everything in stride, except for occasional bouts of self-pity.
• Unfortunately, I keep getting the Dark Ones confused with the Argeneaus.
• I totally did not miss the HEA. (Though it was nice to have a snippet from the next book as a teaser at the end of the paper back. For a moment I though for sure the happy ending was just waiting at the beginning of the second book. "I thought" being the key words.)
• The end is a refreshing stopping point leading directly into the next book. Making this less an individual book about a couple's love story and more about an event. I assume the next book with be the love story.
Read a Tuesday Teaser with creative curses.