Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Micah: Short and sweet erotic story with all the classic Anita Blake elements, great way to get a taste of the series.
Micah
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter 13
by Laurell K. Hamilton

There are lots of reasons to raise the dead - some private, some public. In this case, the feds have a witness who died before he could speak on the record. They want him raised so his testimony can be taken. So here I am, on a plane to Philadelphia, flying off to do my job.

But I’m not alone. Micah is with me. Micah, head of the St. Louis wereleopard pard. King to my Queen. The only one of my lovers who can stir my blood with just a glance from his chartreuse cat’s eyes. I was happy to have him at my side.

Until he mentioned that this will be our first time alone together. No Master Vampire. No Alpha Werewolf. Just me and Micah. And all my fears and doubts…
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
  • The blond hair is totally throwing me, I was expecting a rich dark brown... and curly.

PARANORMALITY
  • Wereleopards
  • Necromancer
  • Zombies

SEXUALITY
  • M/F, pretty vanilla except... implied menage

REVIEW
  • This feels like it should be an erotic enovellete, released as a teaser to suck new readers into the series.

  • Extreme difference in length from the sister book before. Incubus Dreams is over 700 pages. Micah "claims" to be 130ish.

  • BUT, as a graphic designer, I can not help but notice that the pages are double spaced and each chapter break uses two blank pages. Filler. Seriously, this is short.

  • I'm pretty sure this is the story that Chris says they never leave the bedroom for. :)

  • There is a lot of sex and not much kink! And the sex is hot, of yes. Good vanilla, yummy, girl on boy sex. A rarity in this series.

  • Anita gets called away last minute out of town and brings Micah with her. Time for some one-on-one with her Nimir-Raj.

  • This is a long time coming and I enjoyed learning more about Micah and the specifics of their interaction together.

  • A bit of funky town comes down on the actually zombie raising, but Anita's paranoia and Micah's romance save the day. Oh, and a whole lot of paranormal healing.

  • The end scene is so cute! I still love Nathaniel the most. When is he going to get his own book?!

Get sucked into a warm bed with the first 2 chapters available to read HERE.

I read this book in conjunction with the Anita Blake Reading Challenge. Only 6 more to go!

I stole this book from my sister.
She was away at college.
She wasn't using it!
~
Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (Usually at the top of the post.)

Sweet daydreams...

4 comments:

I keep meaning to move on in this series. i just haven't had a chance to get beyond book three yet. Soon, though, I hope! Thanks for the fine review, Miranda!

Um, I'm not sure that this is the one. I think there's another one. :)

Chris - Then I shall read on!

One of the few AB books I read. Okay story but very short compared to the others.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica