Unbound: Many chains are unbound in this paranormal romance with classic tendencies.
Unbound Unbound 1
by Lori Devoti
My review guidelines can be found HERE.
Risk Leidolf is a hellhound—a legendary, otherworldly creature who is both man and beast. For centuries, he’s been bound to do the bidding of an immortal witch. But after being ordered to destroy novice witch Kara Shane, the man within him rebels. And the beast within him is held at bay—for now.
Fiercely drawn to each other, Risk and Kara soon form a passionate alliance as they set out to find her missing sister—and the key to his salvation. For the power unleashed by the twin witches could free him from the immortal witch’s bondage. But that freedom comes at a steep price. For the fierce battle will put more than one soul at stake…and two hearts on the line.
- Naive vs Jaded always ends in true love, right?
- The opening scene has tense action while you learn about Kara and the conflict within the forces against her. I was sucked into the drama and intensity of the situation.
- Risk must fight against his inner beast to protect the smidgen of humanity left in his soul. An enthralling conflict that had me doubting his motives more than once.
- Hellhounds are not as prevalent in paranormal romance as vampires, though they are similar to shifters and weres.
- I enjoyed the use of folklore to support the story. I learned new things about hellhounds and the Midgard Serpent.
- Over 100 pages, a quick entertaining read! Hence the short review.
This ebook has been on my lust list for a while until a good friend gave it to me for my birthday. Thanks again, sweetie!
Read an excerpt HERE.
Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (Usually at the top of the post.)