A Guild Hunter Novel
by Nalini Singh
Audiobook Runtime 10 hrs 30 min
My review guidelines can be found HERE.
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she's the best—but she doesn't know if she's good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, only one thing is clear—failure is not an option...even if the task is impossible.
Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.
The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other…and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break…
- Accurate choice of display typeface, transmits a sense of slightly caustic power
- Urban background a nice suggestion of the setting
- Mental coercion
- Violent flirting
- Initially the narrator's drawl grated on my nerves.
- Sounds like a performance voice. Like a storyteller.
- It grew on me.
- And the edge of bite/waver fit within the air of tension/intimidation at the beginning of the story.
- Predatory Romance
- The awe-full beauty of the archangels is delivered over and over. You are not simply introduced to the supernatural characters and then they are sublimated into the normal. Continuously, you are reminded that you are small and they are great.
- No pretense of a parallel world or relating to the average human. This is an epic struggle that has just begun with political power plays and suspicious half truths circling the main characters and this world.
- Intense. Intense loyalty. Intense love. Intense horror. Intense power. Intense language. Intense imagery. Intense struggle. Intense confusion.
- The ending, so perfect. Setting up for the series and the epic battle to come. I know I'm going to tune in. Are you?