Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!
• Grab your current read & open to a random page
• Share two “teaser” sentences sans spoilers
• Note the title & author


MY TEASE

"Looking down, she found her hand clenching on the blade of the knife she'd drawn instinctively from the sheath at her ankle. She'd never have made such a mistake.

He was forcing her to hurt herself, showing her she was nothing but a toy for him to play with.

Instead of fighting, she squeezed harder."


~ page 17, Angels' Blood: A Guild Hunter Novel by Nalini Singh





Are you feeling teased? Comment at the top of the post.

17 comments:

Sounds very intense! Thanks for visiting.

Intense was exactly the word I was going to use. Interesting teaser!

P.S. For some reason, the layout on this page didn't full load until after I commented. Now that I can see it, it's gorgeous! I love the background image.

Glad you could finally see it Melanie! Ray Creations did a great job.

Suspenseful!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/05/teaser_17.html

Doesn't sound good for her!

Thanks for visiting. =)

Huh. I haven't heard of this one, but the teaser definitely has me interested! :)

I loved this book. Excellent teaser! My Tuesday Teaser is from Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson.

Great teaser! this book is on my 'must buy soon'list

Wow, that's a great teaser!

Yes! THIS sounds like my cuppa :) Thanks for sharing - will have to add this to my Friday Finds - will mention I found it here - and you! :)

Here is mine if you'd like to pop by!

Have a great day!

Great teaser!!

I've heard really good things about this author and her books.

Ooo! I really want to read this!

Definitely sounds intense! Sounds like they're trying to get her to play her hand.

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I really love the comments :)

Great tease! I really want to read this one.

This is really a great teaser. I have this series on my list to read, and from this it sounds like one I need to get. Thank you! And thank you for stopping by my teaser. :)

IT'S UP! :D Thank you! :) http://bit.ly/9EBidn

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica