Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Going All In
by Jess Dee


The higher the stakes, the harder they fall—in love.

Julia Savage’s weekly poker games are tearing her apart. She’s in love with two of her fellow card players, and much as she’d like to pick and confess her true feelings to one man, she won’t. Not if it means risking the love of the other.

Hunter Miles has wanted Julia for four months, and he’s about to deal a hand she couldn’t see coming. He’s determined to give her a New Year’s Eve celebration she never expected. He’s going to seduce her—in front of his friend and rival for her affections, Jay Baxter. But Jay’s not willing to lay down his cards. He’s going after Julia too, and he’s not above bluffing to get what he wants. Either way, one of them is going to win her over.

Unless they change the rules of the game. If they double up, there’s a chance they can split the pot…

Warning: this book contains two hunky heroes, a heroine worth betting on, sizzling hot three way action (m/f/m and m/m/f), a whole lot of unexpected fireworks, and a New Year’s Eve to remember.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
by Scott Carpenter
  • Works well within the erotica genre, classic bare skin
  • Good composition of graphic elements, and relevance to the story
  • Not convinced on the alternate light sources

SEXUALITY
  • M/M/F
  • M/F/M
  • Voyeurism

REVIEW
  • This short story (60+ pages) reads like one, swift moving plot points and an abrupt ending. I've come to expect the former with shorts but the latter still rubs me the wrong way.

  • I was all ready for Ms. Dee to expound on the emotional consequences of a threesome when the story simply ended. (13 pages of promotional material at the end of the pdf gave me a false sense of length).

  • This very easily could be a full length novel. Lots of places to flesh out with backstory and, of course, frontstory (is that even a term?). I WANTED it to be a full length novel... in this case, bigger is better.

  • The sex scenes are hot, but I managed to keep my cheeks only pink and not bright red.

  • Lots of poker references... puns are fun.
Read an excerpt HERE.

I received this book during Samhain Publishing Yahoo Group RA/RaEW Third Annual Samhain Cafe Reader's Appreciation.

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (at the top of this post)

Sweet daydreams...


2 comments:

Ohh. I hate all those promotional pages and it makes you think you are getting X pages when you open it and then poof, it stops suddenly and promo. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree with both of you on the promotional pages.. But the story does sound good.. but bigger is better (you had me there)...
Great review Sweet!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica