Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)


Heaven
Heaven Sent #1

by Jet Mykles

The Weiss Strande Hotel is in trouble. Business just isn’t what it used to be when Tyler’s father ran the family-owned hotel. On top of business being down, dad’s sick with cancer and bills have skyrocketed.

Desperate to save his family interest, Tyler and his best friend sink their hopes and what’s left of their money into a new venture: a nightclub at the hotel. It’s imperative that the White Room is a success, or else the hotel will go under. Lady Luck seems to be with them, however, because they manage to sign the mega-popular rock group Heaven Sent to play the grand opening.

Already a huge fan of the group, Tyler couldn’t be more excited to welcome them to his hotel. He’s not at all prepared for the bomb of lust that hits him when he’s finally face-to-face with the painfully gorgeous lead singer, Johnnie Heaven. No, it couldn’t be lust. Yes, Johnnie’s probably the most beautiful person he’s ever seen, but Tyler is straight. It must be a misguided form of hero worship that he’s feeling.

Tyler finds out that he and Johnnie share an obsession: video games. When Johnnie invites Tyler to his room to play, Tyler jumps at the chance. Who wouldn’t snap up the opportunity to spend time with their idol? He and Johnnie have a great time with the games, but Tyler soon discovers that Johnnie’s got more in mind. The rock star’s aims to introduce Tyler to a whole new level of game play.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
  • I'm not usually into the illustrated covers...
  • But this artist reminds me of Mucha (whom I love) with the heavy outlines and flowing hair
  • Cover artist P. L. Nunn lured me in with this illustration and the other main covers in this series are growing on me.

SEXUALITY
  • M/M

REVIEW
  • Kinda like a James Bond movie: "No, no James. No!" Kisses ensue. "No…" More kisses. "Oh…" Kisses and caresses. "Yes, James please!"

  • Would have liked to see more interaction with Luc as an emotional rival/instigator.

  • Taylor's obliviousness to his own come-hither signals intrigues me 'cause I am totally oblivious in real life.

  • The breaks in time were kind of jolting BUT not bad, just different.

  • Emotionally this story is a rollercoaster and feels very true to life including confusion and hurt.

  • Loving a rockstar isn't easy, especially when coming out of the closet to yourself at the same time!

Read an excerpt HERE.

Heaven Sent reading order - reviews linked as I post them:
Heaven
Pretty Red Ribbon
Purgatory
Sexy Spring Surprise
Hell
Feisty Little Firecracker
Faith
Sly Spectral Trick

Genesis
Revelations

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (at the top of this post)

Sweet daydreams...

4 comments:

Wow... this does sound like a great book to read. He thinks he is straight... Game play huh... What happens we went branch out into unknown territory and we find we like it... hummm... One wonders...

I really enjoyed this series, although I confess I skipped #6, because it was a menage.

I have another book from this author on my ereader, Just For You. This Heaven Sent series does sound great :)

I really enjoyed this series although like Chris I skipped the m/f/m story.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica