Britney Spears vamping up Circus.
Circus of the Damned
An Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Novel
by Laurell K. Hamilton
When a powerful, centuries-old vampire hits town, a battle of the undead ensues, with the soul of the city—and Anita's life—at stake.My review guidelines can be found HERE.
"So I was afraid; so what? I had to go, and the sooner I left, the sooner I could come home. If only I believed that Jean-Claude would make things that simple. Nothing was ever simple where he was concerned. If I learned anything about the murders tonight, I'd pay for it, but not in money. Jean-Claude seemed to have plenty of that. No, his coin was more painful, more intimate, more bloody."
- According to the font size hierarchy, the author is more important than the story - yuck
- Red or black & white preferred for the monochrome
- Snakes do relate!
- F/F Kissing
- M/F Kissing
- An action packed Halloween adventure!
- Bert hires on more help at Animators, Inc. and Anita gets tied up in the strings attached.
- As she continues to strive for freedom from Jean-Claude; new meaner, older & stronger vampires try to seduce her to the dark-er side!
- Snakes abound.
- Werewolves emerge.
- And Anita meets the man of her dreams... well, not the Jean-Claude induced dreams. The other dreams. You know, when you are a little girl and picture the perfect prince. Those kinda of dreams. You with me now?
- The gore this time around includes ripping creatures apart bare "handed". The descriptions are so vivid, I only dreamt about squishing someone's eyeball this time. (It looked suspiciously like a hard boiled egg.)
- Edward is back for some fun and he is quickly becoming a favorite character of mine. But I guess since this is my third time reading this series I kinda like them all.
- I think at the end of this book Jean-Claude might just be a little bit scared of Anita.
I received this book through raiding my sister's closet.
Read the first two chapters on Laurell K. Hamilton's Website site HERE.