Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read & open to a random page
• Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
• Share the title & author

I love Miz B's blog and her Teaser Tuesday's... I just have to take part!

My Tease:
"Once when I was working as a coffee girl at Starbucks on Swanston Walk, he ran in, jumped over the counter, and dragged me out, insisting that the city was on fire and I should come see.
He flew me to the base of the blue neon spire on the arts center roof, and we watched the scarlet sunset flashing on glass skyscrapers, cool wind dragging our hair back in glowing blue warmth."
~ pg 33 Shadowfae by Erica Hayes

This book has me by the balls. And that is quite a feat since I am one proud bit... woman. *wink*

Here is the cover blurb for a little more background:

Steal souls.

Live in hell.

Never die.

In a city infested with psychotic fairies and run by sadistic vampire mafiosi, life as a soul-sucking succubus rarely involves lacy lingerie, hot guys or great sex.

Enslaved by a demon lord, Jade must spend her nights seducing vampire gangsters and shapeshifting thugs. After two hundred years as a succubus, she burns for freedom and longs to escape her brutal life as a trophy girl for hell's minions.

Then, she meets Rajah, an incubus who touches her heart and intoxicates her senses. Rajah shares the same bleak fate as she, and yearns just as desperately for freedom. But the only way for Jade to break her bonds is to betray Rajah—and doom the only man she's ever loved to a lifetime in hell.
Click to comment HERE or at the top of the post.

3 comments:

Oh, I like the cover... very smutty sexy!! Thanks for "showing" this one off!
Hope you had a great day and a wonderful tomorrow!

Very cool!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday_15.html

I have seen this book out here and not sure yet if I want to get it. I am looking to your review to see what you think.

If you would like to stop by, I did do the tt this week.
http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica