Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Desire Unchained: A Demonica Novel
by Larissa Ione

Pleasure is their ultimate weapon...

Runa Wagner never ment to fall in love with the sexy stranger... but she couldn't resist the unbelievable passion that burned between them, a passion that died when she discovered his betrayal... Determined to make Shade pay for the transformation that haunts her, Runa searches for him, only to be taken prisoner by his darkest enemy.

A Seminus demon with a love-curse, Shade hoped he'd seen the last of Runa and her irresistible charm. But when he wakes up... chained next to an enraged and mysteriously powerful Runa, he realizes that her effect on his is more dangerous than ever. Shade and Runa must fight for their lives and their hearts—or succumb to a madman's evil plans.


Cover Art: Red & Shiny, Typography relates a sense of old souls, Medical cross symbolism gets lost, Male with tattoos is always hot, Could have used a little more bondage references or ugly demons *

Sexuality: M/F, BDSM

Paranormality: Vampires, Demons, Werewolves...

Review:
This story held on to me. The emotional angst of the demon had me on tenterhooks. I loved it and need to write more indepth about why BUT now that is has been a couple weeks I'm not sure. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, just shows that the book was more entertaining than emotionally challenging.

A nice spicy read. Not too offensive and nothing that made me blush, but I have a high tolerance. Gritty and dirty but fluffy at the same time! *Wow, my prowess with words is outstanding today!*

Click HERE for the an excerpt.
Click HERE for a Friday 56 from this book.
Click HERE to comment or use the link at the top of this post.

* I'm a graphic artist. We are trained to be vicious bloodsucking weapons of truth, hence the "rough" critiques/reviews. It's not that I don't like this novel. Simply, everything can be better. And examining what could be polished allows me to learn and better MY skills.

1 comments:

Girl, you are too much.. Love the words choices too!!! =) I have this series to read. So with that said, I really enjoyed your review. I do that you are short and to the point! I am glad that you liked it!
I hope your weekend was great!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica