Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

A weekly meme hosted by Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56. * Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
* Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.



I'm an animal lover & a helpless romantic making this book just perfect for me! An excerpt from Love is a four-legged word by Kandy Shepherd - pg 54

"She'd suspected there was a sense of humor lurking somewhere under all that stuffiness. But she couldn't believe that Tom O'Brien admitted he watched animated movies."

Page 56 is blank! So I skipped back a page for the above cute little quote. Makes me think of all the nights I would babysit my sister and have to sit through My Little Mermaid! This is Kandy's 1st book, so take a visit and show her some love if this tiny little taste has you interested. Here's the blurb:

Romance is for the dogs

Tom O'Brien is this close to making partner at the hottest law firm in San Francisco provided his newest client doesn't foul thinks up. Brutus has inherited a multimillion-dollar estate from his late OWNER - and a pretty guardian named Madeline Cartwright.

Tom thinks Madeline is a fortune hunter but must maintain the terms of the will to get his promotion. That means keeping both canine Brutus & chef Maddy happy!

He's trying his best to keep the arrangement professional, but with two clients this adorable, Tom's suddenly craving a different kind of partnership altogether...

4 comments:

This looks super cute! I love books about animals, too, and if I think one is going to get hurt, I get really scared!

The plot here is sweet, though. I enjoy the whole couple-forced-to-spend-time-together finds love thing. What genre would this be? Is this considered chicklit or contemporary romance or womens fic? lit fic?

Very cute quote. The book looks interesting. I've never heard of it and it's always nice to find something new...which also brought me to your blog!

Check out my Friday 56 here

That looks like a good book!!!

Love the cover and the quote!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica