Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

A weekly meme hosted by Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56. * Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
* Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Who can resist reading a book with a leading character named after them? I know I can't. And that is how I came up on this book. An excerpt from Amanda/Miranda by Richard Peck - pg 56

"... It's a game, keepin' ahead of her commandments, but you can't win it."


I read this book as a young adult, seeing it on the shelves of my local library. Now I have a copy of my own that I snagged at a local book exchange!
"Your future lies beyond a mountain of ice, where you will die, and live again." The wisewoman's prophecy disturbs Miranda, a maidservent who bears an uncanny resemblance to her rich and arrogant mistress, Amanda Whitwell. Thrust into a tangled web of lies by Amanda, Miranda watches helplessly as one fateful night, a prophecy once foretold becomes reality... aboard the Titanic.

4 comments:

Isn't it lovely to go back and read books we loved as a young adult?

I haven't read this book but that's a great line!

You can find my 56 HERE

Sounds like a great book.

How cool is it to reread old faves or discover them.

What a retro cover... love it.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica