Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

A weekly meme hosted by Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56. * Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
* Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

I've found a gold mine at my local salvation army. They have paperbacks at 90% off cover price! AND the stock rotates frequently... so about once a month I can't help but stop by and pick up as many paranormal finds as I can! One of my lucky treasures is waiting in my desk drawer for me to find time to read it. An excerpt from The Secret Life of Laszlo, Count Dracula by Roderick Anscombe - pg 56

"Uh-huh?" he murmured, nodding his head slowly and staring at me all the while with that devilish, mischievous glint in his eyes.


I haven't even cracked this book yet but the cover blurb got me interested.
A brilliant and erotic retelling of the Dracula myth, here is a very different Dracula—not a monster, but a man, struggling to resist his evil impulses—a serial killer who cannot stop himself from killing again and again and again.

4 comments:

90% off - that's awesome! Good snippet, I hadn't heard of this book.

Here's mine:
http://sleeplessinneworleans2.blogspot.com/2009/09/friday-56-doublemint-edition.html

Wow, that sounds really good. I;ve never heard of it!

I'm into your blog, love it. I'm now following. Keep it up.

Para Junkee - Welcome & visit often!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica