Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

A weekly meme hosted by Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56. * Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
* Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


Somehow I am lugging around TWO hardcovers this week! I guess that will cut down on the reading while driving during the commute - way to hard to hold a hardcover open with one hand. *wink* BUT the closest book is in my desk drawer here at my graphic design job. Here is an excerpt from Media Sexploitation by Wilson Bryan Key - pg 56

Through subliminal appeals and reinforcements of these fears, some consumers can be induced into buying almost anything.


I'm not sure where I picked this book up. Either I stole it from my father's personal collection OR I picked it up at the college library book sale. A real eye opener to anyone not educated in the advertising field. Do you realize just what manipulative jack*sses us graphic designers are? *evil grin*

3 comments:

I'm very aware! That's why I don't watch tv anymore. OOPS, sorry I'm putting you out of a job but that's probably why they've started putting commercials in my movie theaters!

Tonya - TV get's me & the news is the WORSE for manipulating the facts! At least you know an advertisement is trying to sell you something!

:)

Even though I know they're doing it, I usually fall for it anyway!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica