Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

The religion of ghosts and vampires heats the blood and confuses the heart.

Zen and the Art of Vampires

by Katie MacAlister

352 Page Mass Market Paperback

Dark Ones Book 6: White picket fences can be dangerous to vampires. Sometimes a woman’s gotta choose…

Pia Thomason doesn’t have a typical life, but she wants one. The husband, the kids, the house in the suburbs… With her fortieth birthday looming, she decides to do something drastic, and takes off on a singles’ tour through romantic Europe.

But the few guys on the trip leave much to be desired—unlike the two men Pia sees in a small Icelandic town. Handsome, mysterious, and very dangerous… Just the sight of them puts her in a dither. When their paths cross again, Pia knows one thing for certain: Where vampires are concerned, love isn’t the only thing at stake.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.


COVER ART
• Sufficiently light and happy but I'm thinking there should have been some blood somewhere. There are multiple murders and evil plots after all!
• Don't remember her ever wearing the stone as an earring, it is mostly around her wrist.
• Oh, and that blurb–totally misleading.


PARANORMALITY
• Vampires
• Ghosts
• Zoryas


SEXUALITY
• M/F
• Bed hopping
• Penetration-free sex
• Tumbles in the hay
• Insidious hickeys


REVIEW

• A fun way to travel, though I'm not sure I would ever go on a singles tour!

• I was constantly guess, trying to figure out the mystery.

• Amazing how Pia takes everything in stride, except for occasional bouts of self-pity.

• Unfortunately, I keep getting the Dark Ones confused with the Argeneaus.

• I totally did not miss the HEA. (Though it was nice to have a snippet from the next book as a teaser at the end of the paper back. For a moment I though for sure the happy ending was just waiting at the beginning of the second book. "I thought" being the key words.)

• The end is a refreshing stopping point leading directly into the next book. Making this less an individual book about a couple's love story and more about an event. I assume the next book with be the love story.


Read a Tuesday Teaser with creative curses.

8 comments:

Y'know, I've read the next book and I can't remember. :)

I'm into the next book now and it is the love story... but I've stalled out half way through.

Iceland is considered part of Europe? I know techncially it is but if someone said "Do you want to go on a tour of Europe?" I would NOT assume it stops in Iceland. Weird.

"Penetration-free sex" = rubbing off?

Penetration-free sex = Reciprocated oral

"Penetration-free sex" = rubbing off?
LOL Tam, I honed in on that too! ;)

We just have dirty dirty minds Lily. LOL

*waves* Hi Sweet. I've been trying to get over here all week darn it. Happy late Valentine's day to you darlin'.

And thanks for the review. :) Hope you're having a good week.

OMG...OMG...I want this one! Dang girl where did you find him?

Hawk

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica