Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Date with Destiny
Book 2 in the Pleasure Cruise Series
by Michelle M. Pillow & Mandy M. Roth


Academically minded, uptight Anna only agreed to go on Date with Destiny, a campy TV game show, because she wanted to win an SUV. She never dreamed that accidentally selecting the wrong prize would land her on a cruise ship full of supernaturals. At least she's bringing someone along for the ride — her best friend Winter, a kooky free spirit with a penchant for mischief.

Andre and Christian, were-panthers and twin brothers, are polar opposites as far as personalities go. One views life as a party, the other is entirely too serious. But once they meet their intended mates, this night-and-day duo can finally agree on one thing — Anna and Winter will be theirs and theirs alone before they get back to shore.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
  • Generic

PARANORMALITY
  • Shifters

SEXUALITY
  • M/F
  • Anal
  • Biting

REVIEW
  • A Novella, Quick and fun.

  • Classic opposites attract.

  • Best friends board a life altering cruise destined by the gods, unbeknownst to them.

  • Anna is the naughty librarian type and I can relate to her implied social phobia.

  • Winter is the free spirit there to prod her friend into pushing her boundaries.

  • Andre and Christian appear to be male replicas of Anna and Winter, both approaching their dates in a different way.

  • The bedroom scenes were fun exercises in control and confusion ultimately ending in hot smexin'.

  • These characters are a tease at development and hint at Ms. Roth & Ms. Pillow's talent in their full length features.

  • Leaves you wanting more, but in a good way. Since I've finished this story, I have found myself thinking about the characters and what will happen next. My brain doesn't want the story to be over.

I won this ebook at The Raven Happy Hour during their 10 Things We Love About You Contest.
Thanks again, Mandy & Michelle!


Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (at the top of this post)

Sweet daydreams...


Comment link is usually at the top of the post.

4 comments:

Nice review, thanks. Has that breezes side bar always been there? I like it :) I totally covet your site, beautiful :)

Thanks for playing along in the 10 things contest! :)

Ohh great little review! Love a book that leaves you thinking about it and wanting more... kinds sounds like................. hee heeee! Have a great night!

Great review! I was just checking out the first book in this series. The concept had me smiling, I like the idea of a bunch of supernaturals on a mating cruise lol. Think I might grab myself a copy!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica