Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Kiss The Dead

by Laurell K. Hamilton
An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel

Disappointment and disbelief tinge my thoughts as I finish this latest installment of Anita. My feelings border on those of betrayal.

This read is quick, easily done in a day. And if you have read any of the other Anita novels, you will skim more than half due to redundancy.

I usually tolerate Ms. Hamilton's, tendency to repeat herself constantly because she tells a good meaty story and the repetition is simply a bit of extra fat allowing you to savor the tale. But this novel misses the mark.

Its as if she lost became entangled in her own backstory and only managed to crawl out with a few quick shots of classic "vampire gore" and "endangered lovers".

Those familiar threads are there: relationship phobias, power struggles, cop talk, steamy sex. But none of it digs deep and intertwines with her usual flowing magma river to erupt spectacularly in her last few pages.

We've heard it all before - and some of it is brand new and being referenced in the past tense! How the heck did we get cut out of the Jade situation? And Dev with Asher... I feel so lost. I am going to have to go back and read the novel before this one just incase I missed it all.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica