Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Loose hearts (and loose ends) are tied up in this Dark-Hunter series novel.

Bad Moon Rising
A Dark-Hunter Novel #18
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
468 Page, Mass Market Paperback

Fang Kattalakis isn't just a wolf. He is the brother of two of the most powerful members of the Omegrion: the ruling council that enforces the laws of the Were-Hunters. And when war erupts among the lycanthropes, sides must be chosen. Enemies are forced into shaky alliances. And when the woman Fang loves is accused of betraying her people, her only hope is that Fang believes in her. Yet in order to save her, Fang must break the law of his people and the faith of his brothers. That breech could very well spell the end of both their races and change their world forever.

The war is on and time is running out...
My review guidelines can be found HERE.


COVER ART

• Not sure what symbol that is, the brand or the mating mark
• Matches the rest of the recent series covers


PARANORMALITY

• Shifters
• Demons
• Dark-Hunters
• Gods
• Hell x2
• Blood feud


SEXUALITY

• M/F
• Forbidden love, cross-werespecies
• Teasing, so much teasing
• Biting


REVIEW

• Was a bit confused in the beginning keeping all the pack names straight and who's who. Had to read slow but got it eventually.

• Usually I can read this series of books as stand-alones, but this one (like Acheron) benefits greatly from reading Night Play & Unleash The Night. I read the entire series to date about two years ago and still found myself struggling to remember what happened to those background characters. This story ties up a lot of loose ends and questions from those other stories.

• The time jumps were a bit odd to me "Three weeks later". That's where one of the other novels fits in. I was waiting to see Acheron sing. It must have happened during this time period, but now I am going to have to go back and double check.

I totally devoured this book. Read it in a day and it is LONG! But I just had to know what came next.

• Sexy anticipation abounds! Talk about a tease. :D

• Social taboos and general disbelief generate lots of frustration and angst.

• So many secrets! :D

• Thorn, What's up with him. I want to know more. Please?

• Sad ending. And I totally spoiled it for myself because I started to read No Mercy first. OOPS! One paragraph in and I knew I had missed something big. Dammit. I hate when I do that to myself.

• So, looking over this review I find I must admit a love for this series. And I have noticed that when I love a series I read with a less than critical eye (don't take notes) and therefore find this review a bit sparse and vague. I promise to try harder next time to articulate exactly WHAT is awesome about the books I love.

Read a horrifying sentence from page 56 HERE.

Read a excerpt with pups (under the book excerpt section) HERE.

I borrowed this book from a friend, who I got hooked on the Dark-Hunter series and subsequently went out and bought ALL the books. *evil grin*

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link!

2 comments:

I stopped reading this series a couple of years back. Sounds interesting though but a sad ending? That's not nice. :)

I think I read one or two past Acheron, but... I'm not very patient with a series that just goes on and on and on...

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica