My review guidelines can be found HERE.
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter 18
by Laurell K. Hamilton
When Anita Blake meets with prospective client Tony Bennington, who is desperate to have her reanimate his recently deceased wife, she is full of sympathy for his loss. Anita knows something about love, and she knows everything there is to know about loss. But what she also knows, though Tony Bennington seems unwilling to be convinced, is that the thing she can do as a necromancer isn't the miracle he thinks he needs. The creature that Anita could coerce to step out of the late Mrs. Bennington's grave would not be the lovely Mrs. Bennington. Not really. And not for long.
• a small blade, nice contrast to the rest of the series covers.
• M/F, in a cemetery shed
• Novela: 170 pages including an introduction, comic strip, and explanatory essay.
• Good introduction to the series. As a fangirl, there was a lot of repetition. But that would be perfect if you have never read the series before. Holds all the classic Anita Blake elements: Sex, Violence, Confusion, Power & Death.
• Add one more to the harem! Maybe. I hope she isn't too callous with him in future books.
• Nicky has a lot of potential but I'm totally on the fence with his scaring. I guess it's better than a peg leg. I do NOT want to see Anita collecting lovers out of pity or something. Actually thinking she can fix what is wrong with them. Oh. Wait. She already wants to do that with her lovers. Now with strangers? Ut, oh.
• Anita's lioness is actually showing some personality specific traits! This is very cool. In the past, it has felt like her beasts are all generic.
A perfect quote, page 66:
What would Nathaniel do?_________________________________________________ _ _ _ _
I did my best to put that look into my eyes, but the smile that went with it was not
Nathaniel's, it was all mine, a little bit of come-hither and a little bit of threat, as if to say,
When you take a bite I might bite back.
Read a sentence from page 56 HERE.
Read about suspicions of zombie necrophilia in this excerpt HERE.
I won this book at Anna's Book Blog during her Blogoversary Celebration. Thanks again, Anna!
This book is part of the 2010 Anita Blake Reading Challenge.
Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link!