My review guidelines can be found HERE.
A Novel of the Fallen Angels
by JR Ward
Seven deadly sins. Seven souls that must be saved. One more no-holds- barred battle between a fallen angel with a hardened heart and a demon with everything to lose. Isaac Rothe is a black ops soldier with a dark past and a grim future. The target of an assassin, he finds himself behind bars, his fate in the hands of his gorgeous public defender Grier Childe. His hot attraction to her can only lead to trouble-and that's before Jim Heron tells him his soul is in danger. Caught up in a wicked game with the demon who shadows Jim, Isaac must decide whether the soldier in him can believe that true love is the ultimate weapon against evil.
• Ghostly wings are a very accurate representation of his ability to be both seen and unseen in the human realm.
• Hard stone background foreshadows the rough nature of this story.
• Author's name is fighting with the book title.
• M/F, taboo
• Rape, paranormal
• Unconsensual sadism
• Ms. Ward's extreme use of slang always takes a minute or so to get into. But now the unique vernacular of her world is running through my head. I better be careful not let it seep into my language too.
• Sexual tension builds into a jenga tower. Ms. Ward has honed her skills and always leaves me breathless with both the build up and the culmination.
• Get sucked into the world of extreme danger and sexy mysteries. You won't be fighting to keep the smile off your face, but you surely will be trying to stave off a blush or too!
• Piercing jewelry on men - HOT!
• Looks like Jim is coming into his own as an angel this go around. Last book he was just a regular guy. This time he has powers he doesn't even know about, not to mention his two un-angelic sidekicks.
• Devina actually garners a little tiny bit of sympathy while in her session with the shrink. I like that the glossy black shine of evil has a tarnish here or there even though it is still dark as pitch underneath.
• The relationship fatalism between Grier and Issac gets a bit tiresome.
• Wicked scene in Hell with Devina. What is up with the supernova burst?!
• Whoa! What is up with the ending. Feels like a Harlequin... lol but SOOOO not really.
Read a a first impressions excerpt HERE.
Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link!