Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Mamma's devious tricks wreck havoc on Anita's attempt at normalcy.

Bullet
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter 19
by Laurell K. Hamilton

My name is Anita Blake and I am back in St Louis and trying to live a normal life - as normal as possible for someone who is a legal vampire executioner and a US Marshal. I have my lovers, my friends and their children, school programmes to attend. In the midst of all this ordinary happiness a vampire from my past reaches out. She was supposed to be dead, killed in an explosion, but the Mother of All Darkness is the first vampire, the dark creator, and it's hard to kill a god. She has reached out to me here - in St Louis, home of everyone I love most. She has decided she has to act now or never, to control me, and all the vampires in America.

The Mother of All Darkness believes that the triumvirate created by master vampire Jean-Claude with me and the werewolf Richard Zeeman has enough power for her to regain a body and to emigrate to the New World. But the body she wants to possess is already taken; I'm about to learn a whole new meaning to sharing my body, one that has nothing to do with the bedroom. And if the Mother of All Darkness can't succeed in taking over my body for herself, she means to see that no one else has the use of it, ever again. Even Belle Morte, not always a friend to me, has sent word: 'Run if you can …'
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART

• The bullet matches in style to the rest of the covers, all deadly objects.


PARANORMALITY

• Shifters
• Vampires
• Necromancers


SEXUALITY

• M/F
• M/M
• BDSM
• M/F/M
• M/F/F
• M/M/M/M/F


REVIEW

• This story is brought to you by the word: LOVE
• Starts out at a dance recital, an every day event. The group is out like a family, but tensions slither under the surface - a precursor to the avalanche of action and emotions to come.
• The descriptions of the dancing is wonderful, and really pulls you into the moment.
• Chapter 7: I was totally not buying it when Richard did his grand apology. I was ready to give up on the series along with everyone else. BUT the explanation, though long in coming was perfect. I know that sadistic side. I have one too. And it totally explains his presence in that bed with those people. Wow.
• Why is everyone so compliant all the sudden? Reminds me of when the Harlequin came to town and amplified everyone's negative emotions.
• Suddenly Anita's heart is laid bare and she can see the monster she is willing to become to protect it. She doesn't like it, but everyone else does.
• The big bad is still around. Should have known it wouldn't be that easy to get rid of her.
• Is Anita the Master of all Tigers? You better hope so!
• The politics are murky. I'm not following everything that is going on.
• I love this series BUT this book fell apart for me at the end.
• That's all for now folks. Currently no rumors on when the next installment of Anita Blake will come out.


Read a Tuesday Teaser with a Mistake HERE.

Read a childish excerpt HERE.

My Anita Blake Reading Challenge Synopsis post will be up on December 29th.

I received this book through a contest on Reading Angel. Thanks again!

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link!

2 comments:

You're very persistent. :)

The end... or is it? :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica