Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Can you figure out who is the sexy rouge spy that controls you?


Virtually His

Virtual Series Book 1
by Gennita Low


Chosen to be the ultimate secret operative, Helen Roston has become the most dangerous woman in the world. Two years of training and she's now ready for the final phase-a risky combination of virtual reality and a mind-altering serum.

When her mysterious and faceless "trainer" syncs his mind to hers using the program, she's amazed at her sizzling response to his virtual touch. But Helen likes to be in control. She's not going to beg for more.

Helen's final test is a challenging mission, picked by the other government agencies whose candidates lost out to her.

To succeed, she has to put herself completely in the hands of her trainer, a man she's not sure she can trust. But all of COS Command are counting on her. She cannot fail.


My review guidelines can be found HERE.


COVER ART
• Perfect
• Red is good choice for the emotions inside the pages.
• Love the digital overlay a la Matrix


NORMALITY
• Virtual Reality
• Super Soldier Spies
• No paranormality here, but this book does remind me of the ACRO series. I just might pick another one of those up next.


SEXUALITY
• M/F
• Unknown Identity
• Dubious Consent


REVIEW
• We have ourselves an anonymous watcher. *shivers* Sorry, personal kink. *straightens her shirt and coughs* And "No", you don't ever find out who it is. That's what the sequel is for.  Maybe if you are paying attention, you might figure it out with the last sentence.

• I read this book a few years back (published 2007) and absolutely LOVED it. I've been waiting for the sequel to come out. And now I have it! So... If you have been following my Anita Blake Challenge at all, you will realize that I must start a series from the beginning if any amount of time has passed between the initial reading. But this series is currently only 2 books. So you won't want to taze me by the end. Promise.

• This is a spy story first, a "love" story second. I'm pretty sure I would call it lust more than love. These guys are too tough to call it love.

• I have a weakness for spy romances. When I was young I loved to sit with my father on Sunday afternoons and watch James Bond reruns.

• The super technical undercover spy jargon has the potential to overwhelm the reader. Ms. Low does a great job of introducing the new technology and explaining how it works to both the reader and the main female protag in snarky little chunks. Ok, the snark comes from the main female protag... I just adore a woman with spunk!

• Questionable sexual practices. I would have been rip roaring mad at the sexual liberties her monitor took. And Helen agreed that she would have too, but the liked it too... a lot.

• Lots of Acronyms that have the potential to be very confusing if you just skim over them. I would advise taking that extra second to let the pseudo-science seep into your brain while you are reading.

• Danger! Loose ends. A unknown threat to Helen and a unsubstantiated threat to her Monitor, maybe.

• Major cliffhanger at the end. Thank goodness I have the sequel sitting right next to me. Of course, that is not what happened the first time I read this book


Come back this Thursday, for my review of Virtually Hers!

_______________________________________ _ _ _

To really get sucked into the series, there are six websites you can visit.
 

Reality Based:
Blog (personal and book related)
Author Website
Writing Muse

Story Based:
Eight-ball (The COMCEN super computer)
GLow World (Character Intros)
• Intermundia (Character development between GEM & COS) Warning: Spoils the question of who is Helen's Monitor!

_______________________________________ _ _ _

Reading Order
Wanna know more? THIS vague outline gets inside Ms. Low's head.

Big Bad Wolf

Shadowy Assassins Series:
Into Danger
Facing Fear

Crossfire Series:
The Protector
The Hunter
Sleeping With The Agent

Virtual Series:
Virtually His
Virtually Hers
Virtually One (Coming Soon)

_______________________________________ _ _ _

Read a sentence from page 56 HERE.

Read a disturbing encounter with Number Nine in this excerpt.

Read the prologue HERE.

(This was written before publication. Two suggested titles are included, neither ultimately used, and "Triple C" is now "Eight Ball".)

Did you review this book too?

Comment with your link!

2 comments:

I work in acronym hell so that would probably work for me. LOL Sounds like a good read for you and hope the sequel gives you some answers.

Looks like a fun one. Reminds me of one that I just finished reading titled, "Carnal Weapon" by Peter Hoffmann... a great little spy/romance that takes place in the 50's-60's, where women were hired by the French government to serve as spies, to seduce American Scientists in hopes of finding out secrets.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica