by Kaily Hart
Desperate and young, Jillian Moore did something she knew would one day come back to bite her in the ass. She’d posed nude. For money. Years later, and on the fast track to a successful career, she’s still haunted by her mistake. She can’t help but wonder when her past will catch up with her.
Samuel Steele is not short on female attention, but the women who warm his bed pale in comparison to the fantasy he’s created of the seductive temptress in the painting hanging prominently in his bedroom. A fantasy that has ruined his once-satisfying sex life. When he discovers that her exact likeness works in his building—works for him, in fact—things get interesting. Perhaps there’s hope for his sex life after all…
My review guidelines can be found HERE.
• The Office
• The Bosss
• A Past Mistake/Regret
• One night stand
• This short story is hot! I read all 48 pages on my smart phone. (A little advice: DON'T read a good book on your phone. It goes with you everywhere, therefore the temptation of reading it is everywhere.)
• The dynamic between Sam and Jillian is outstanding. Unbelievable but exactly what you WISH you felt with that special one.
• The sex scenes are outstanding. You certainly do not want to be reading them in mixed company 'cause you just might blush.
• My only gripe is that she forgave him too soon. The pace is typical for a short story, but I so would have held out made him work for it. Made him prove his worth. Over and over and over again.
• I am very glad to have won this over at Passionate Reads. Thanks again Kaily!
Read a frustrating excerpt, in a good way... of course.
Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link!