Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)


Refreshing with a pang of potential love lost.

The Ghost and the Goth
by Stacey Kade

After a close encounter with a bus, Alona Dare goes from homecoming queen to Queen of the Dead. To make matters worse, the only person who might be able to help her is Will Killian, a total loser. Can they get over their mutual distrust--and quasi attraction--to work together?
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
• Perfect!

PARANORMALITY
• Ghost
• Ghost Whisperer


SEXUALITY
• YA - Kissing

REVIEW
• Young adult stories always fly for me. This one was no different and I enjoyed the speeding trip with only a pang or two of lust lost.

• Opposite sides of the tracks thrown into a strange partnership.

• Alona's drive was outstanding and reminded me a little of myself. I was never cheerleading captain, but I don't stop until I have what I want.

• The analysis of how to be popular was also surprising. I expected the cheerleader to get ripped up for being shallow. Instead real life skills were showcased with potential for application in the cutthroat business world where networking is key.

• Will's home life was disconcerting. I am very glad the frowny face worked because I would have been punching the couch if the psychiatrist stayed and kept his grip on mom's ear.

• Being a kid at that almost adult age is scary stuff. You are beginning to make your own decisions but don't have all the necessary life skills to be on your own. BUT parents can still take away that growing independence and make major life decisions for you.. and you've got NO SAY. *shudder* I am very glad I am an adult now. Now all I am scared of is the police. *sigh*

• The team work was awesome and the understanding across the tracks was a classic theme. I missed the stronger romantic elements you will get with adult books but then, I am reading some really erotic stuff right now.

I received this book through the "My Favorite Things" Book Swap. Thanks again, Melissa!

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link!


3 comments:

Sounds like a nice change from Anita Blake and Mr Benson. ;)

Oooo I want to read this bad. Great review!

Great review! Thanks again for stopping by and reading mine at Falling Off The Shelf :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica