Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Catch Me If You Can
Book 1 in the Romano & Albright Series
by LB Gregg


Lowly art gallery assistant Caesar Romano is freely out of the closet. Now he'd just like to get out of his Nana's guest room. Everything -- his reputation and his financial freedom -- is riding on the success of tonight's gallery opening. If only he could shake free of the past so easily.

A mysterious gatecrasher, Dan Green, looks like a promising addition to his pending new life -- until Caesar's ex shows up and suddenly the opening disintegrates into a half-naked dance melee. When the glitter settles, a missing sculpture of Justin Timberlake has Caesar up to his eyebrows in extortion, intrigue and a wild sexual adventure underneath, inside, and on top of a variety of furnishings.

As the cast of suspects piles up, so do the questions. Like who's really blackmailing whom? And what does a stolen paint-by-numbers clown matter when Dan is so outrageously capable of blowing Caesar's resistance to smithereens?

The fear of getting caught is half the fun.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
  • Classy but generic

NORMALITY
  • Setting, NYC
  • HEA

SEXUALITY
  • M/M
  • Exhibitionism*
  • Pre-op tranny

REVIEW
  • This romantic mystery had me confused most of the time. I was finding it difficult to keep all the secondary characters straight in my head.

  • Inside LB's brain must be a crazy place, the insane things that occur in this book are sure to give your imagination a work out.

  • The relationship building, and tearing down, was thoroughly entertaining.

  • No one is quite what they seem. Stereotypes are suggested but given depth of personality.

  • This introduction to the series sets up the Romanos and Albrights nicely but I will most certainly have to catch my breath between books to clear my head.

  • Oh, and "romantically", almost getting caught is an intriguing fetish.*

I won this ebook at The Blackraven's Erotic Cafe during the Birthday Bash Giveaway. Thanks again!

This book was spotlighted on my Tuesday Teaser HERE & HERE.

Read an excerpt HERE.

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (Usually at the top of the post.)

Sweet daydreams...

6 comments:

It did have a lot going on but it certainly kept you guessing. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

It definitely wasn't predictable. :)

I've got to move this one up my Reader.

"Inside LB's brain must be a crazy place, the insane things that occur in this book are sure to give your imagination a work out."

This is exactly why she and I are such good mates. :)

You descibed this book perfectly. I'm looking forward to the next one in this series.

I am getting there I am getting there... **said the little engine that could** I am getting there I can do this!!!

Hope all is well honey!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica