Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Lover Mine
Black Dagger Brotherhood #8
by J. R. Ward
Audiobook runtime: 22 hours, 3 minutes



In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. Long divided as a terrifying battleground for the vampires and their enemies, the city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

John Matthew has come a long way since he was found living among humans, his vampire nature unknown to himself and to those around him. After he was taken in by the Brotherhood, no one could guess what his true history was- or his true identity. Indeed, the fallen Brother Darius has returned, but with a different face and a very different destiny. As a vicious personal vendetta takes John into the heart of the war, he will need to call up on both who he is now and who he once was in order to face off against evil incarnate.

Xhex, a symphath assassin, has long steeled herself against the attraction between her and John Matthew. Having already lost one lover to madness, she will not allow the male of worth to fall prey to the darkness of her twisted life. When fate intervenes, however, the two discover that love, like destiny, is inevitable between soul mates.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
  • Ties in well with the series, but a little generic
  • Typographical hierarchy stutters a bit with the Author larger than the title
  • Beautiful integration of the BDB series ID without confusion

PARANORMALITY
  • Vampires
  • Gods
  • Demons

SEXUALITY
  • M/F
  • M/M
  • Public
  • Voyeuristic
  • Virgin
  • Rape

REVIEW
  • Harsh, Intense, Love, Hate, Loyalty, Betrayal

  • Some pretty rough stuff is described: bloody rape, violent rape, conscious decomposition

  • The key element/repeating theme in this story is trust...

  • Multiple story lines intertwine: John & Xhex, Qhuinn & Blay

  • Multiple reveals at the end tie up seemingly random plot lines

  • Loose ends: Payne, Qhuinn, Tohr

  • Emotional process is in depth and not streamlined. One step forward, two steps back happens frequently—realistically.

  • The story sucked me in! Therefore I kinda don't have a lot of bullets for you on this review. I didn't have time to analyze, too busy becoming one with the story!

  • And, I really really don't like spoilers... and this whole book is kinda one. LOL Guess you'll just have to read it! I recommend it.

Read an excerpt HERE.

This book was spotlighted on my Tuesday Teaser HERE.

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (at the top of this post)

Sweet daydreams...


Comment link is at the top of the post.

7 comments:

I know I know... I need to start reading....

I'm about three books behind in the series but I'm totally into M/M right now. I've got it on my list for sometime in the future. Maybe later this year.

Howdy Miss Sweet. Ain't an awful lot I can say about book reviews, but I will comment, if and when I can.

Well then Mr. Valance, all a girl can ask for is your company. I appreciate you stopping by. Enjoy the scenery as long as you like.

You welcome, Miss Sweet. And I appreciate you stopping by at the porch, too. Enjoy the soup as long as you like.

On the plus side, there's not enough of the model on the cover for me to identify it. :)

I can't wait to read this one, I'm two books into the series and totally hooked.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica