enthrall your ears with the discord of Bloodhound Gang crooning THE ROOF IS ON FIRE.
Taming The Fire
An ACRO Series Novel
by Sydney Croft
by Sydney Croft
POWER. PLEASURE. DANGER. IT DOESN’T GET ANY HOTTER THAN THIS.My review guidelines can be found HERE.
He came to the underground London club for a night of extreme sex play with the enigmatic “Mistress Rik”. But the Special Agent known as Trance is really on a search-and-rescue mission to keep her alive. Part predator, Ulrika “Rik” Jaegar possesses feral powers that make her a danger to others–and to herself. That’s why the Agency for Covert Rare Operatives (ACRO) wants to recruit her to their side….To do so, Trance will have to pull off the impossible: capture and control Rik, both woman and beast.
On the run from the deadly agency that changed her into a pleasure-seeking shape shifter, Rik uses sex to rein in her own raging desires. Operating on pure instinct, she trusts no one…especially the magnificent alpha male with the power to seduce her into submission. An undercover agent with unique hypnotic gifts, Trance is surprised by his instinct to hold Rik and keep her safe — but he has a job to do. And as he hunts her down, as Rik and Trance are thrust into the ultimate game of domination and submission, they’ll enter a place where surrender is their sole hope of survival — and the only thing that can tame the wild beast in both of them…
- Spotlights a pivotal scene in the story
- Not representative of the story as a whole, wolf anyone?
- Composition is good—tasteful model positions
- Typography is strong and balanced
- Spies and lies
- Sex and superpowers
- Trust and betrayal
- At least three prominent story lines mingle and flirt throughout the plot.
- Lots of backstory integrated throughout. Not too disconcerting, but I certainly would have benefited from reading the book(s) before this one.
- Suspense is high as you ponder and discover secrets along with the antagonists/protagonists
- Sex is hot and unpredictable
- The BSDM scenes totally did it for me BUT I seem to like reading about that kind of thing even though I have no real life experience.
I received this book through a contest on a website
This book was spotlighted on my Friday 56 HERE.
Read an excerpt HERE.