An Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Novel
by Laurell K. Hamilton
When Anita Blake's boss at Animators, Inc., informs her that she's expected to raise 300-year-old zombies from a field of jumbled bones just to settle a land dispute, she's understandably annoyed.My review guidelines can be found HERE.
But as soon as she arrives in Branson, Missouri, to do the deed, the job gets more interesting. A psychotic sword-wielding vampire starts committing multiple murders in the area, and Anita must call on Jean-Claude, her powerful fanged suitor, for help.
As always, Anita prevails over the undead, keeping Jean-Claude at arm's length, clearing the cemetery land of an ancient enchantment, and nailing the vampiric killer in one fell swoop."
- Sufficiently creepy
- Monotone coloring ties the series covers together in this printing
- Title stands out and series title is not confusing
- Seems strange to me that they reference a book further on in the series at the top blurb, shouldn't it be the book before this one in the series? Confusing.
- Film Noir feel, kinda
- Integration of pending legislation creates an illusion of reality
- Sensuality in the descriptions, ex. Magnus and his bartop (see THIS Tuesday Teaser)
- More levels of Necromancy power are discovered
- Anita Katherine Blake, we learn her middle name and her deepest wish
- Anita is crossing some of her own lines and dragging the innocence out of Larry as a witness
- Jean-Claude breaks through a tiny crack in her defenses... hot & wet
- One of the big bad 'uns is Raw Head and Bloody Bones, he's got a wiki page.
- The bad guys are really bad... I can't really say anymore without spoiling
- The ending leaves me hanging. Feels like a cop out, let's just tie it up with a few sentences...
- I'm sensing a pattern here: A super bad guy appears paired with super gruesome crimes, Anita comes super close to dying and discovers more super necromancer powers (No, super is not the pattern.)
I received this book through a raid of my sister's closet.
This book was spotlighted on my Friday 56 HERE.
Read the first 2 chapters HERE.