enthrall your ears with the discord of Skillet growling MONSTER.
The Lunatic Cafe
An Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Novel
by Laurell K. Hamilton
The zombie-raising business gets slow in December, so Anita Blake is starting to see some oddball cases.My review guidelines can be found HERE.
She's got a neatly typed list of eight missing lycanthropes given to her by Marcus, the leader of the local werewolf pack, who wants her to find them. The trouble is, Anita's occasionally furry boyfriend Richard is locked in a power struggle with Marcus.
Jean-Claude, master vampire of the city and Anita's other love interest, is getting jealous as well.
To top it off, Anita has to solve some horrific murders and keep her bounty-hunting friend Edward from killing Richard and Jean-Claude.
- Bloody color wash is good
- Wolf teeth Very apt
- Nude female torso suggests more sex than actually occurs BUT closer
- Where are all the scars?
- Click for mild spoiler -->Snuff Film
- Wereanimal politics suck Anita deep into the local werewolf pack.
- She is dating Richard and holding her breath waiting for him to f*** it up. The monster is peeking out and Anita can't handle it.
- Jean Claude is acting the scorned lover, even though he never had it the first go-round.
- Anita swears against premarital sex as the sexual tension rises.
- Her powers are on the rise for unknown reasons and add an edge of uncertainty.
- We meet Jason in this book who is going to become an integral character in the future.
- Edward is back again and bringing with him horrors as usual. He seems to come in when it gets really bad.
- Insertion of random paranormal biology adds to the believability of this world.
- This book picked up the pace again and after halfway through I had a lot of trouble setting it down even though this is my 3rd time.
I received this book through a raid of my sister's closet.
Read a sentence from page 56 HERE.
Get sucked in to the first two chapters HERE.