Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Or the Anti-post to Kris' multiple rants *hugs*

Series suck... me in.



Artefacts of Power by Maggie Furey

My first series, I can remember having to wait for EACH BOOK to be released! Torture. This medieval fantasy romance follows the life and love of a young magi from innocent girl to powerful woman. A long winded series that completely sucked me in and spoke to my teenage imagination and virgin fairytale dreams of romance.
Aurian • Harp of Winds • Sword of Flame • Dhiammara






Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter by Laurell K. Hamilton


I'm fighting against the masses with my obsession of Anita Blake with her orgies and gore.





Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost

I've just gotten sucked into Bones and am gearing up to read One Foot in the Grave next.





Georgina Kincaid by Richelle Mead

I love to hate the succubus and her angsty love triangle.





Hunter Kiss by Marjorie M. Liu

Dark and deadly and my initial seduction to the dark side of urban fantasy.





Dark-Hunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon

They are like my favorite bar, I always come back to them and am half in love with Acheron.




The Black Dagger Brotherhood

Off the cuff! Love the slang and the location (I live in NY). Too bad I started this series at the end. *sigh* I am now starting at the beginning and devouring each book in about 48 hours. I'm reading Lover Awakened right now!





Guild Hunter by Nalini Singh

Archangel's Blood just feeds that caveman desire. Raphael is so hard! It's great to read about a hero that doesn't turn to mush.




Fever series by Karen Marie Moning

Thanks to her marketing department, I got sucked in with the free podcast of her first book in the series, Darkfever. After that I had to LISTEN to the rest. Now it seems I have come full circle from the Artefacts of Power and once again wait with bated breath for the last book in the series to release on the 18th! Until then, I will grace you all with my reviews of books 3 and 4 on Thursday and Monday.


I most likely missed some but I just love the rush of getting caught up in the story!

What series do you love (or hate)?!

14 comments:

I think the Dragonriders of Pern was one of my first series. In fact, I have The White Dragon in hardcover from right after it was released, with my name writting on the flyleaf in my childish scrawl. And the epically thick hardcover was $8.95.

What a deal! I read that series as well. I even remember redrawing the covers in art class. :)

Oh you have some great ones. I love The Black Dagger Bortherhood, Dark Hunters, Night Huntress, and Anita Blake series (one of my all time favorites. I love the hell out of those guys and Im glad she doesnt have to choose)

I would add Kim Harrisons The Hallows to my list

*high five for another Anita Blake lover*

My all-time favorite series was The Dark Tower by Stephen King followed by the Harry Potter books. I also really liked the D-H and BDB series as well.

The Dark Tower series is on my TBR. You just raised it up a notch!

Hmmm. I started Black Dagger Brotherhood and got to about book 5, maybe 4.

I read the Dark Hunters up to Acheron and enjoyed them and seriously, isn't EVERYONE in love with Acheron? More than a bit?

I read one or two books in the Jeaniene Frost series and enjoyed them.

I have to say that I stopped reading all m/f a couple of years ago. All of the ones I read I enjoyed (although I was starting to get a bit annoyed with BDB). Kresley Cole's series I also enjoyed. (The name I couldn't remember at Kris' just popped into my head as I typed this.)

There are a few series I follow I guess in m/m. Stephani Hecht's shifter series. I never got into any of those LONG Carol Lynne series. Often they only last 3 or 4 books. I don't really call that a series, although technically I suppose it is. The Soul Mates series, Draegen Lords, can't think of any others.

The BDB seems to always leave someone hanging at the end... so the series feeds into itself.

Acheron *sigh* I just want to pet him... or have him pet me.

I read a bit of M/M but haven't gotten sucked into many series with them... I will have to look into your suggestions :D

You know I havent gotten bored with the BDB yet. She keeps me hanging on. Im not sure what she has going on with the fallen angels series, but its clearly not for me. I couldnt get past chapter 2 of the first one.

I havent read and M/M series or F/F for that matter. I read one or too stand alone books here or there from reccomendations, but thats about it. If its good and well written and hold my interest im down for it though.

How could anyone not love Anita Blake...I want to be her!

You know I was trying really hard to be offended by the whole multiple rants thing, but then I quickly realised that I'd already confessed to that years ago. LOL.

My favourite series: JRW, the Darkhunters, J D Robb, David Eddings, Patricia Briggs, Terry Pratchett's Discworld and slightly less than a bazillion other fantasy series. :)

I really should start the Hunter's Kiss series,they're in my tbr pile.

as for my gavourite series:
Mercy Thompson and the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs
Oracle series by Alayna Williams
Alien series by Gini Koch

I used to love the Anita Blake series. Actually, I still love the older books (my favorite being Obsidian Butterfly -- Edward, I <3 you!). However, when 2/3rd of the book is bad dialog, phallic size angst, etc., it is really hard to get into. I feel that Hamilton has really screwed up her series. It should have ended long before it did.

LoL, that's a portion of my soap box about Hamilton ;)

Thanks for the list of series. I've wanted to get back into some good urban fantasy series.

Btw, I'm a new follower!

Sinn - Welcome! I love to hear your opinion on Anita. :) Thanks for sharing. You are SOOO right about the "phallic angst"!

BTW - I usually reply back to my follower's comments via email (but you have your preferences set up so that I can't do that.) So I will chat with you here!

Have fun looking around and take a glance at my newsletter (there is a link in the sidebar) to catch up on what went on here last month!

Miranda

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica