Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)

Sweet and fast with a twist - soft serve in a chocolate lined waffle cone.

Ice Cream on the Side
by Wren Boudreau

Dylan Forest is really pretty happy. He's a successful architect, lives in a great little town, and has good friends. More than ten years ago, Dylan’s first boyfriend betrayed him. Since then he’s learned to appreciate men briefly and intensely, with no lingering complications. But Dylan finds himself wanting something more with Michael Gilmore, the new art teacher in town.

Michael moved to Raven Pass to get away after a bad break-up. He just wants to teach and he's got an exhibit of his own work coming up. He doesn't expect to find himself attracted to anyone just yet. He has to give up his fear so he can explore a possible relationship with Dylan.

The guys manage to get past their insecurities and into bed, where they find out just how compatible they are. Before their romance gains momentum; however, life gets complicated. An old dead body and a new murder are both connected to Dylan’s love life, and if the guys can't stop it Michael will be next.
My review guidelines can be found HERE.

COVER ART
by P L Nunn
  • A favorite illustrator of mine 
  • This pose is about as sweet as the story

NORMALITY
  • Architect 
  • Painter

SEXUALITY
  • M/M
  • Intense kissing
  • Realistic sex

REVIEW
  • Starts out as a sweet modern love story only to have "exploding baggage" intensify the drama.
  • When Michael doesn't call Dylan for a week, I totally can relate to the range of emotions, anticipation to fear to anger - except I go through them in like an hour when my husband is late home.
  • I thought I knew who the bad guy was, but I was soooo wrong.
  • The sex is hot and has great detail, even a few awkward bits that really bring it to life.
     
  • I really appreciated the step back Dylan and Michael took when they started living together. It was a very smart thing to do and showed a desire by both of them to keep the relationship going long.
     
  • Constantly had me guessing and flew by!

Read a suspenseful sentence from page 56 HERE.

Read about a very hot and very confusing first kiss HERE.

Did you review this book too?
Comment with your link! (Usually at the top of the post.)

Sweet daydreams...



4 comments:

I really need to reread this one!

I loved this book too. It was funny and sweet and I was sure I knew who the bad guy was, but was wrong too. LOL So glad you enjoyed it. I just won Wren's second book yesterday. Looking forward to starting it.

I loved Ice Cream and also was wrong about the bad guy. I think that made me love the book even more.

Thanks for the review, Miranda! :)

Chris, Tam, Lily - yinz guys is great!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica